Flexing is a way to test the integrity of the parametric relationships. Flexing early and often as you create families ensures the stability of the families. To flex the framework. Click Create tab Properties panel (Family Types).
When Modelling a component family Why should you regularly flex the parameters?
Flexing in Revit is synonymous with testing. This is done to ensure the integrity and stability of the parameters as more of them are added to the family. It is a good practice to flex any parameter you create to ensure they work properly. Figure 10.
How do you create a dynamic family in Revit?
You can create dynamic family types for increased flexibility within the model. In the Family Editor, click Create tab Properties panel (Family Types). In the Family Types dialog, click New, and enter a name for the new type.
How do you add a flip control to a Revit family?
The control arrows allow you to flip the fitting horizontally or vertically.
- Place a control:
- On the Create Tab Control panel Click Control.
- Select the control to place. Single Vertical. Double Vertical. Single Horizontal. …
- Click to place the control near the family geometry where it will be clear what they control.
How do you draw a pipe in Revit?
Draw Horizontal Pipe
- Open the view for the system.
- Click Systems tab Plumbing & Piping panel Pipe or Pipe Placeholder.
- In the Type Selector, select the pipe type.
- Optionally, in the Properties palette, under Mechanical, select a system type.
- On the Place Pipe tab Placement Tools panel, select placement options.
How do you flex parameters in Revit?
Flex the Family Framework
- Click Create tab Properties panel (Family Types). …
- Reposition the Family Types dialog on the screen, so you can view the framework.
- In the Family Types dialog, under Parameter, locate the parameters that you created previously, and enter different values in each corresponding Value field.
What are Revit parameters?
Parameters are used to show and control an element’s information and properties. You can create custom parameters for each category/element in the projects and sort schedules based on the parameter data. Within Revit, there are three types of parameters: project, global and shared.
How do you use parameters in Revit?
Create Project Parameters
- Click Manage tab Settings panel (Project Parameters).
- In the Project Parameters dialog, click Add.
- In the Parameter Properties dialog, select Project parameter.
- Enter a name for the project parameter. …
- Select a discipline.
- Select the parameter type.
NBS BIM Object Shared Parameters for Autodesk® Revit
Shared parameters are parameters that you can add to families or projects and then share with other families and projects. You can add specific data that has not been predefined in the family file or the project template.
What is Revit family creation?
Revit is an efficient architectural design and documentation software of Autodesk Corp. and Revit family creation services focuses on creating basic parametric families like furniture and equipment. It enhances the graphics quality of the project models by modifying the different BIM families.