In a section view in a part or assembly document, the model is displayed as if cut by planes and faces that you specify, to show the internal construction of the model. You can: Select bodies or components to include in or exclude from section views. Toggle the view off and on.
What is the use of section view in design?
A model documentation section view is a projected view from an existing drawing view, where you use a section line to cut through the drawing view in order to reveal what is inside. The illustrations below show the different entities generated by the VIEWSECTION command, and the terms used to refer to them.
What are section views used for?
A sectional view or a section looks inside an object. Sections are used to clarify the interior construction of a part that cannot be clearly described by hidden lines in exterior views. By taking an imaginary cut through the object and removing a portion, the inside features may be seen more clearly.
How do I get out of section view in Solidworks?
Removed Section Views
- In a drawing, select a view.
- Click Removed Section (View Layout CommandManager tab or Drawing toolbar).
- In the PropertyManager, for Edge and Opposed Edge, select two edges from the same drawing view. …
- Select a cutting line placement method: …
- Move the pointer and click to place the view.
What are the 7 types of section views?
Types of Sectional Views
- Full Section. If the imaginary cutting plane passes through the entire object, splitting the drawn object in two with the interior of the object revealed, this is called a “full section.” A full section is the most widely-used sectional view.
- Half View. …
- Offset View. …
- Revolving View. …
- Broken View.
What is full section view?
This is the most common section (called a full section) with the imaginary laser cutting a line across the entire construction, offering a view of a portion of the building with the rest of it put to one side. Half sections or views. In this type of section, only half of the space or object is cut away.
When and why is a section view necessary?
In which case, the direction of sight is towards one half of the object. The other half is then mentally discarded. Drafters use sectional views to improve the clarity of complex objects when internal surfaces result in too many hidden lines. Special conventions are used to make a sectional view easy to understand.
How do you move a section view in Solidworks?
To move a drawing view, use one of the following methods:
- Click and drag an entity (including edges, vertices, cosmetic threads, and so on). …
- Select a drawing view, then move (nudge) it with the arrow keys. …
- Press Alt, place the pointer anywhere in the view, and drag the view.
Which is bigger part or section?
part – a general term. eg I can use my hands to break a part off a loaf of bread. section – refers to a part that is more clearly defined. eg it’s easy to divide an orange into sections.
What is broken out view solidworks?
A broken-out section view cuts away a portion of an assembly in a drawing view to expose the inside. … A broken-out section is part of an existing drawing view, not a separate view. A closed profile, usually a spline, defines the broken-out section. Material is removed to a specified depth to expose inner details.
How do I move a section view?
During view creation, as you drag out the section view, hit the Shift button and you will be able to move the view off that projection line. Once a section view is placed, if you select it and then move it via the center grip, hitting Shift will toggle the view between free moving and the perpendicular tracking line.
How do I create a section view in Solidworks model?
To create a section view manually:
- Click Section View. (Drawing toolbar), or Insert > Drawing View > Section. …
- To create a section view manually, click Edit sketch to display the Insert Line PropertyManager.
- Sketch a section line. …
- Click to place the view.