What is a mesh body in Solidworks?
Mesh BREP (boundary representation) bodies are made up of triangular polygons, called facets. … The facets of a mesh BREP body can be collected into faces. These faces are similar to the faces in standard SOLIDWORKS BREP bodies, except that mesh faces do not have a geometric description.
How do you convert solid mesh to Solidworks?
Because the feature only creates surfaces, the recommended workflow is to trim the surfaces to form a solid. To create a surface from mesh feature: In Tools > Options > Import, under File Format, select STL/OBJ/OFF/PLY/PLY2 and click Import as Graphics Body. Then click OK.
How do you simplify mesh in Solidworks?
To simplify the file:
- Set a value for Reduction amount (%) or for Target mesh size or point cloud size. …
- To simplify only a part of a mesh-based model, under Local Simplification, select a tool, select the area to simplify, and move the slider to adjust the simplification.
- Click .
How do you edit a mesh body?
In bodies folder, you will see the mesh body.
From the Prepare menu click Generate Face Groups.
- Select the mesh body.
- Each color represents a different face.
- Adjust the boundary accuracy to make sure that each face is a different color.
- Click OK.
- From the modify menu click Convert Mesh.
How do you edit a mesh body in Solidworks?
To edit meshes:
- Do one of the following: Click Mesh Edit scanTo3D toolbar). Click Tools > ScanTo3D > Mesh Edit. Right-click the mesh feature in the FeatureManager design tree and select Mesh Edit.
- In the PropertyManager: Select a Manipulation Method. Set the options. …
- Click .
How does solidworks calculate mesh?
To measure mesh deviation:
- Open a file with curves, surfaces, or meshes referencing a mesh.
- Click Deviation Analysis (ScanTo3D toolbar) or Tools > ScanTo3D > Deviation Analysis.
- Set the PropertyManager Options.
- Click .
How do you remove mesh in Solidworks?
Choose a tool to select extraneous data, then click Delete to remove the data.
How do I open a mesh model in Solidworks?
To import mesh files:
- Click Open (Standard toolbar) or File > Open.
- In the dialog box, in Files of type, select Mesh Files (*. stl, *. obj;*. off;*. …
- Browse to a file to open.
- Click Options.
- In the dialog box, set Import as to one of the following and click OK. Graphics Body. Solid Body. …
- Click Open. The file is imported.
Can you open an OBJ file in Solidworks?
Obj files can also be imported through SOLIDWORKS File/Open but you must select PS OBJ Reference Mesh (*. OBJ) as the file type before selecting the OBJ file.
How do you convert mesh to solid in FreeCAD?
To do this:
- Switch to the Part Workbench.
- Select the mesh, and go to the Part → Create shape from mesh or press the Part ShapeFromMesh button.
- Click OK in the dialog.
- Select the newly created shape.
- Go to Part → Convert to solid.
- Select the newly created solid.
- Go to Part → Refine shape or press the Part RefineShape button.
How do I convert a mesh file?
How to convert MESH files to OBJ online?
- Upload MESH-file. Click “Choose File” button to select a mesh file on your computer. MESH file size can be up to 100 Mb.
- Convert MESH to OBJ. Click “Convert” button to start conversion.
- Download your OBJ. When the conversion process is complete, you can download the OBJ file.
How do you convert mesh to solid Rhino?
Converting a Mesh to a Solid in Rhino
- Apply Mesh > Mesh Repair > Fill Holes to all component meshes.
- Apply Mesh > Mesh Repair > Unify Normals to all component meshes.
- Join all component meshes with Mesh > Mesh Boolean > Union.
- Enter “MeshtoNURB” at the command line to convert mesh to solid.