The Standard 3 View option under Insert > Drawing View creates three related default orthographic (front, right, left, top, bottom, and back) views of a part or assembly displayed at the same time. The view orientations used are based on the orientations (Front, Right, and Top) in the part or assembly.
What are the views in SOLIDWORKS?
Standard Drawing Views
- Standard 3 View.
- Model View. Model View creates a single view based on a predefined view orientation. …
- Exploded Views in Drawings. …
- Model Break Views Within Drawings. …
- Relative to Model View.
- Predefined Views. …
- Empty Views.
- Adding Named Views.
How do you make a 3 view drawing in SOLIDWORKS?
To create the Standard 3 View by the standard method:
- In a drawing, click Standard 3 View. (Drawing toolbar), or click Insert > Drawing View > Standard 3 View. …
- Select the model in one of these ways: Select a model from Open documents in the Standard 3 View PropertyManager or browse to a model file and click .
What are the six standard views?
views that are produced by six mutually perpendicular planes of projection. surfaces of the object positioned so that they are parallel to the sides of the box, six sides of the box become projection planes, showing the six views – front, top, left, right, bottom and rear.
How many types of views are there in Solidworks?
Use Section View PropertyManager. Some types of views are linked to their parent views: Detail, Section, Auxiliary, and Projected Views, for example. Projected Views (including the side and top views of Standard 3 Views) and Auxiliary Views have jumps only from the child to the parent.
Which choice is not a 3D view in SolidWorks?
3D drawing view mode is particularly helpful when you want to select an obscured edge for the depth of a broken-out section view. 3D drawing view mode is not available for detail, broken, crop, empty, or detached views.
What is rollback in SolidWorks?
You can use the FeatureManager rollback bar or shortcut menu to temporarily roll back to an earlier state, to absorbed features, roll forward, roll to previous, or roll to the end of the FeatureManager design tree. You can add new features or edit existing features while the model is in the rolled-back state.
What is a base view in Solidworks?
You can use predefined views like named views to preselect an orientation, position, and scale for views on a drawing template. You can add the model or assembly reference later using Insert Model in the PropertyManager. You can save a drawing document with predefined views as a document template.
How do I add standard view in Solidworks?
Changing the Orientation of the Standard Model Views
- Do one of the following: Use the Rotate, Zoom, and Pan tools to orient the model. Click View Selector and select a view. …
- Click Update Standard Views .
- When prompted, select the standard view you want to assign the current view to.
- Click Yes to confirm the update.