Can you import STL files into Onshape?
Onshape can import STL and use them as reference geometry which is a great feature for 3d scans that are not perfect geometry to start with.
What can an Onshape document store?
To be more specific, Onshape documents can contain parts, assemblies, drawings, imported data, images, and more. These types of data are stored in their own tabs within a document. For example, Part Studio tabs are where you do modeling like creating parts.
How do you edit imported files on Onshape?
To update the data imported into Onshape:
- Export the file again from the original system. …
- Open the Onshape document containing the originally imported data, right-click the tab with the file name, and select Update.
- The name of the Onshape tab is not changed (even if the file chosen for the update has a different name).
Can Onshape import Sketchup?
There are scripts you can install in Sketchup that will allow you to export files that can be imported into Onshape. @Panos_Seoolas Please understand that sketchup is a polyhedral modeler. Everything from sketchup will be a mesh inside OS or any other geometric based CAD system.
What are the two Onshape interface elements?
User Interface Basics: Desktop
- Sketch toolbar Open by selecting Sketch on the Feature toolbar.
- Assembly toolbar.
- Drawings toolbar.
How do I import a file?
If you have existing files, you can import and convert them to Docs, Sheets, or Slides.
- Go to Drive.
- Click New. File Upload.
- Choose the file you want to import from your computer to add it to Drive.
- In the Upload complete window, click Show file location .
- Right-click the file and select Open with.
How do you download Onshape files?
Tap the menu icon next to the tab and tap Download. Download copies the file in its current format to your local machine, giving it the same name and file type. You are able to import and download any non-native file type into and out of Onshape.
How do I open .dwg files?
How to open a AutoCAD drawing
- Click File > Open > Browse.
- Next to the File name box, click the All Visio Files dropdown, and then select AutoCAD Drawing.
- Find the . dwg or . dxf file on your computer, and then double-click it to open it. The AutoCAD file will appear as a new Visio drawing.