How do you edit a surface in Civil 3D?
To Edit a Surface by Moving Surface Points
- In Toolspace, on the Prospector tab, expand the surface Definition collection, right-click , and click Move Point. …
- In the drawing area, click the point. …
- Click the new location in the drawing.
- Optionally, repeat steps 2 and 3 or press Enter to end the command.
How do you create a triangle from surface area in Civil 3D?
- Run the LINEWORKSHRINKWRAP command and select all 3D Faces from which the surface needs to be created. …
- From Home ribbon, Create Ground Data click on Surfaces > Create Surface.
- In Create Surface dialog name the surface, select Style, rendering material and click OK.
How do you remove an edit from a surface?
In Toolspace, on the Prospector tab, expand the surface Definition collection, and right-click the Edits item. Click Delete Line. On the command line, you are prompted to select an edge (line) to remove.
How do you turn off triangles in Civil 3D?
Yes. Go to the Selection tab in Options and uncheck “When no command is active” under Selection Preview.
How do you set elevations in Civil 3D?
To Set Feature Line Elevations From a Surface
- Click Modify tab Edit Elevations panel Elevations From Surface Find.
- In the Set Elevations From Surface dialog box, select a surface.
- Select the Insert Intermediate Grade Break Points check box to insert intermediate grade breaks where the entity crosses surface TIN lines.
How do I import a surface into Civil 3d?
- In the Toolspace / Prospector, select the surface.
- Right click on the surface and select export Landxml (alternatively use the LANDXMLOUT command)
- In a new drawing, import Landxml (alternatively use the LANDXMLIN command)