To select everything in the graphics area: Click Edit > Select All, or press Ctrl+A. To limit the selection to specific entities in a part, pre-select one or more entities in the graphics area. For example, pre-select an edge and a vertex to limit the selection to all edges and vertices.
How do you select multiple dimensions in Solidworks?
You can also set multiple dimensions to driven in the Dimension PropertyManager by clicking the Other tab, expanding Options, and selecting Driven.
How do I insert all dimensions in a Solidworks drawing?
You can specify that dimensions marked for drawings be inserted automatically into new drawing views. Go to Tools > Options and in the Document Properties tab, click Detailing. Select Dimensions marked for drawing under Auto insert on view creation.
How do you control dimensions in Solidworks?
To control dimensions with the context toolbar:
- Create a sketch with two lines.
- Ctrl + select two lines.
- On the context toolbar, click Make Parallel .
- Ctrl + select the two lines and select Auto Insert Dimension on the context toolbar.
- In the Modify dialog box, type a dimension.
- Click .
How do you see which drawing view is active?
An active view is used to create sketch geometry and annotations that will become attached to the view. An active view is shown with a gray box around the view boundary. An example of a selected view is shown in Figure 3.
Is it possible to edit every dimension on a profile at the same time in Catia?
This task shows you how to quickly edit all or some dimensional constraints contained in a sketch. Using the new Edit Multi-Constraint capability, the sketch behavior differs: the constraints values you modify are evaluated at the same time once you have click OK in the dialog box. …
How do you show dimensions in a drawing?
In your FeatureManager Tree, right-click on the Annotations folder and select Show Feature Dimensions. This will make all the dimensions from the features appear around the part in the design space.
How do you show sketch dimensions in Solidworks drawing?
Go to Tools > Options and in the Document Properties tab, click Detailing. Select Dimensions marked for drawing under Auto insert on view creation.
How do you add dimensions to a drawing?
Add dimensions in orthographic drawing views
- On the ribbon, click Annotate tab Dimension panel Dimension .
- In the graphics window, select the geometry and drag to display the dimension. To add a linear dimension for a line or edge, click to select the geometry. …
- Click to place the dimension in the appropriate location.
How do I change the size of a drawing in Solidworks?
To change a dimension: Double-click a dimension. The Modify dialog box appears. Change the dimension value with the arrows, thumbwheel , mouse wheel, or by typing in the dimension box.
How do I set dimensions in Solidworks?
To configure a dimension:
- Select a feature, sketch, or mate in the FeatureManager design tree to make its dimensions visible in the graphics area.
- In the graphics area, right-click a dimension and click Configure Dimension .
- In the Modify Configurations dialog box, you can: Create new configurations.
How do you create a drawing?
Follow these six simple tips:
- Use basic tools. The easiest way to publish your images is hand-drawing them on paper, making sure the paper is clean and not crumpled. …
- Add text. …
- Re-size appropriately. …
- Make your pictures the same dimensions. …
- Prepare image ratios for social media. …
- Optimize for search engines.