Yes. In the Mate PropertyManager, under Options, select Use for positioning only. Components move to the position defined by the mate, but a mate is not added to the FeatureManager design tree. You can move the component away from its position by dragging it or adding another mate to it.
How do you move a mate in Solidworks?
In the PropertyManager, under Advanced Mates:
- Click Distance or Angle .
- Set Distance or Angle to define the starting distance or angle.
- Select Flip Dimension to move the entities to opposite sides of the dimension.
- Set Maximum Value and Minimum Value to define the maximum and minimum extents of the limit mate.
How do you move a part freely in Solidworks?
Using a Triad to Move a Component
- Drag the center ball to drag the triad freely.
- Alt + drag the center ball or an arm and drop it on an edge or face to align the triad with the edge or face.
- Right-click the center ball and select Align to, Align with Component Origin, or Align with Assembly Origin.
How do you move extruded objects in Solidworks?
- Click Move/Copy Bodies (Features toolbar) or Insert > Features > Move/Copy . The Move/Copy Body PropertyManager appears. …
- Click Translate/Rotate or Constraints at the bottom of the PropertyManager (if necessary) to switch to the page you want.
- Set options in the PropertyManager.
How do I change the position of a part in Solidworks?
To edit a position:
- In the FeatureManager design tree, select Mate Controller and click Edit Feature .
- In the PropertyManager, under Mates Positions, select Position 2 from the list. The components move to Position 2.
- Change the value of Distance1 from 30 to 60 . …
- Click Update Position . …
- Click .
Where is mate in SolidWorks?
To add a mate: Click Mate (Assembly toolbar), or click Insert > Mate. In the PropertyManager, under Mate Selections, select the entities that you want to mate together for Entities to Mate .
How do you limit a mate in SolidWorks?
To add a limit mate:
- Click Mate (Assembly toolbar) or Insert > Mate.
- Under Mate Selections, select the entities to mate for Entities to Mate .
- In the PropertyManager, under Advanced Mates: Click Distance or Angle . …
- A LimitDistance or LimitAngle mate is added to the assembly.
How do you move the top plane in Solidworks?
Using the plane’s handles and edges, you can do the following:
- Resize the plane by dragging a corner or edge handle.
- Move the plane by dragging the edge of the plane.
- Copy the plane by selecting a plane in the graphics area. Then hold down the Ctrl key and, using the edge, drag to a new location.
How do I move the origin in Solidworks 2020?
Click Tools > Sketch Tools > Align > Align Grid/Origin. In the Align Grid/Origin PropertyManager, under Selections: To change only the sketch origin: Select a vertex or point for Sketch Origin Location .
How do you Unmate parts in Solidworks?
To delete a mating relationship:
- Click the mate in the FeatureManager design tree.
- Do one of the following: Press the Delete key. Click Edit > Delete. Right-click and select Delete.
- Click Yes to confirm the deletion.