What are constraints in Solidworks?
Define constraints to specify the conditions that your design must satisfy. The constraints can be driven global variables or sensors for mass properties, dimensions, and simulation data. Select Add Sensor, define a sensor, and select the newly defined sensor from the list. …
How do you fix constraints in Solidworks?
To fix the position of constraint points:
- Click Constraints > Geometric Constraints > Fix (or type GcFix).
- Specify a constraint point on an entity (Line, linear PolyLine segment, Circle, Arc, PolyLine arc, Ellipse, elliptical Arc, Spline, Note, SimpleNote, or Block).
- The constraint point is locked in place.
How do I ground a part in Solidworks?
To define a ground plane:
- In an assembly, click Insert > Reference Geometry > Ground Plane.
- In the PropertyManager, in Ground Plane, select a face in the assembly.
- (Optional.) Click Reverse Direction , or click the handle in the graphics area.
- Click . Ground Plane appears in the FeatureManager design tree.
How do you do geometric constraints in Solidworks?
To apply Geometric Constraints:
- Type GeometricConstraint.
- Specify an option: …
- The options correspond to the choices provided by individual Geometric Constraints commands.
- Follow the command prompts.
- The subsequent sequences of the GeometricConstraint command are identical to those of the individual command variants.
Where is add relation in Solidworks?
(Dimensions/Relations toolbar) or Tools > Relations > Add to create geometric relations (such as tangent or perpendicular) between sketch entities, or between sketch entities and planes, axes, edges, or vertices. You can choose whether geometric relations are automatically created as you create sketch entities.
How do you use mates in Solidworks?
To add a mate: Click Mate (Assembly toolbar), or click Insert > Mate. In the PropertyManager, under Mate Selections, select the entities that you want to mate together for Entities to Mate . You can temporarily hide faces to select an obscured face by hovering over a face and pressing Alt.
What are relations in SolidWorks?
Description: Sketch relations help to define a sketch entity by relating them or constraining them to other sketch entities. Sketch relations can either be added or assumed by SolidWorks through built in features (the polygon tool). Note: All relations can be seen and edited by using the display/delete relation icon.
How do you lock a part in place in Solidworks assembly?
To lock, unlock, or break the external references:
- In the FeatureManager design tree: For an individual item, right-click the feature, component, body, or part. …
- Click List External Refs. …
- View information and set options in the External References For dialog box. …
- Click OK.