stp), IGES (. igs), SolidWorks (. sldprt) and other native geometry files will come into Onshape as editable geometry. Finalized mesh files such as STL and OBJ files will come in as meshes, and are not currently editable in the system.
How do you edit an import on Onshape?
To update the data imported into Onshape:
- Export the file again from the original system. …
- Open the Onshape document containing the originally imported data, right-click the tab with the file name, and select Update.
- The name of the Onshape tab is not changed (even if the file chosen for the update has a different name).
What files can Onshape edit?
Onshape can import the following file types to Part Studios:
- CATIA v4.
- CATIA v5.
- CATIA v6.
How do I import STL files into Onshape?
You can import (upload) any type of file into Onshape, either into an existing and open document, or as its own document (from the Documents page).
- Click Create.
- To import from your hard drive, click. …
- Select a file (or files) to import. …
- Select your desired processing option: …
- Click OK to initiate the import.
What software can edit STL files?
7 of the best free STL file editors
- MeshLab. MeshLab is a very complete free and open source program to edit your STL files. …
- SketchUp. SketchUp, which used to be called Google SketchUp, is a 3D modeling software that now belongs to the architectural company Trimble Buildings. …
- SculptGL. SculptGL is a free 3D sculpting tool.
How do you edit an import?
Editing Imported Features
- In the FeatureManager design tree, right-click the feature created from the imported document, and select Edit Feature. …
- In the Files of type list, select the desired format.
- Browse to select the desired file to import. …
- Select the Match faces and edges check box, if desired. …
- Click Open.
Can Onshape open SCAD files?
scad file in FreeCAD and export it from there as . step file will create a STEP file that Onshape will happily import into a part studio with no further intervention on your side.
Is Onshape free for hobbyists?
At no cost, hobbyists, makers, and others who are willing to freely share their designs can pursue their projects without the hassles commonly found in old CAD systems. Onshape is accessible from any device, never loses data, and makes sharing and collaboration easy.
What is STL for 3D printing?
STL is the standard file type used by most additive manufacturing systems. STL is a triangulated representation of a 3D CAD model (Figure 1). The triangulation (or poly count) of a surface will cause faceting of the 3D model.
How do I edit a STL file?
7 Free STL Editors: How to Edit & Repair STL Files
- 3D Slash.
How do I convert a STL file to Step?
How to Convert STL to STEP
- Step 1: Download a Conversion Tool. …
- Step 2: Import Your STL File. …
- Step 3: Repair the Mesh. …
- Step 4: Convert Your Mesh to a Shape. …
- Step 5: Convert the Shape to a Solid. …
- Step 6: Export Your Solid to a STEP File.
Can Onshape import Sketchup?
There are scripts you can install in Sketchup that will allow you to export files that can be imported into Onshape. @Panos_Seoolas Please understand that sketchup is a polyhedral modeler. Everything from sketchup will be a mesh inside OS or any other geometric based CAD system.
Can Maya open STL files?
Maya does not export . stl files so we will use either Rhino or 3DS Max.
What app opens STL files?
STLView is a basic free STL viewer software developed by CNC milling company ModuleWorks for Windows and Android. It has a great touch screen support, which is quite useful if you need to quickly view a 3D file on your smartphone or other device. The app provides the basic zoom and rotate functions.