Simply click on the tag that says “Layout 1” next to the Model tag on your Autocad document (see right) You will leave your working “Model” space and move to the “Layout” space (see below). You’ll notice a box on the sheet of paper that may show some of your work or a grid in it if the grid is still on.
What is difference between trim and extend tool in SolidWorks?
You can use Power trim to extend sketch entities along their natural paths. Extends or trims two sketch entities until they intersect at a virtual corner. Trims open sketch entities that lie inside two bounding entities. Trims open sketch entities outside of two bounding entities.
What is TRIM command in SolidWorks?
You can use Power trim to trim multiple, adjacent sketch entities by dragging the pointer across each sketch entity. Right-click the sketch and select Edit Sketch. … Click Trim Entities. (Sketch toolbar) or Tools > Sketch Tools > Trim.
How do you trim an intersecting body in SolidWorks?
Intersecting Bodies to Modify Part Geometry
- With the part open, click Insert > Features > Intersect .
- For Solids, Surfaces, or Planes, select the bodies to intersect or merge.
- Select Cap planar openings on surfaces to cap flat openings in surfaces.
- Click Intersect. …
- Select regions to exclude. …
- Select options as required:
How do I convert entities in SolidWorks?
To convert an entity:
- In an open sketch, click a model edge, loop, face, curve, external sketch contour, set of edges, or set of curves. You can also click an entity after clicking the Convert Entities. …
- Click Convert Entities. …
- In the PropertyManager, click Select chain to convert all contiguous sketch entities. …
- Click .
How do you cut Extrude in SolidWorks?
Creating Extruded or Revolved Cuts as Assembly Features
- Open a sketch on a face or plane, and sketch a profile of the cut. …
- Click Extruded Cut or Revolved Cut (Features toolbar), or click Insert > Assembly Feature > Cut , then Extrude or Revolve.
How do you extend a line in SolidWorks?
on the Sketch toolbar, or click Tools > Sketch Tools > Extend. Move the pointer over the sketch entity to extend. A preview appears in the direction to extend the entity. If the preview extends in the wrong direction, move the pointer to the other half of the line or arc.
What is the use of trim entities *?
Trims open sketch entities that lie inside two bounding entities. Trims open sketch entities outside of two bounding entities. You can use the Trim PropertyManager to select a trim type and control other trimming options.
Which icon would you click to activate the Smart Dimension tool and add dimensions to a sketch?
To add dimensions, select the Smart Dimension command from the CommandManager, just next to the Sketch icon.