Solution: Hover cursor over top of command line box until a double headed arrow appears, click and drag up or down to desired size.
How do you expand an object in AutoCAD?
To Extend an Object
- Click Home tab Modify panel Extend. Find.
- Select the objects to serve as boundary edges. Press Enter when you finish selecting the boundary edges. …
- Select the objects to extend and press Enter a second time when you finish selecting the objects to extend.
How do you expand an area in AutoCAD?
Toggle the display of the menu bar, status bar, and command window when you want to expand the size of the drawing area (Ctrl + 0).
What is AutoCAD scale?
AutoCAD 2D drawings are commonly drawn in model space at a 1:1 scale (full-size). In other words, a 12-foot wall is drawn at that size. The drawings are then plotted or printed at a plot “scale” that accurately resizes the model objects to fit on paper at a given scale such as 1/8″ = 1′.
How do you scale a layout in AutoCAD?
Using the Properties palette . . .
- Select the layout viewport that you want to modify.
- Right-click, and then choose Properties.
- If necessary, click Display Locked and choose No.
- In the Properties palette, select Standard Scale, and then select a new scale from the list. The scale you choose is applied to the viewport.
How do I change the scale of a drawing in AutoCAD?
To Change the Scale of a Drawing View
- Move the cursor over the drawing view to edit. The drawing view border appears.
- Click an empty area inside the drawing view. Grips appear.
- Click the lookup grip. A menu appears.
- Select the new scale from the menu.
How many types of CAD are there?
How many types of CAD are there? Explanation: The five types are 2D CAD (flat drawings of product), 2.5D CAD (Prismatic models), 3D CAD (3D objects), 3D wireframe and surface modelling (skeleton like inner structure) and solid modelling (solid geometry).
At the top-left of the application window, on the right end of the Quick Access toolbar, click the drop-down menu Show Menu Bar. At the Command prompt, enter MENUBAR. Enter 1 to display the menu bar.