Click Modify tab Geometry panel (Join/Unjoin Roof). Select an edge of the roof that you want to join, and then select the wall or roof to which you want to join the roof.
How do you add a roof in Revit?
Create a Roof by Footprint
- Display a floor plan view or a reflected ceiling plan view.
- Click Architecture tab Build panel Roof drop-down (Roof by Footprint). …
- On the Draw panel, select a sketch or pick tool. …
- Sketch, or pick, a closed loop for the roof.
- Specify slope defining lines.
How do you attach a roof to the wall in Revit?
You can attach walls to in-place roofs or floors.
- In the drawing area, select one or more walls you want to attach to other elements.
- Click Modify | Walls tab Modify Wall panel Attach Top/Base.
- On the Options Bar, for Attach Wall, select either Top or Base.
- Select the elements to which the wall will attach.
How do you change the slope of a roof in Revit?
Select the roof, and click Modify | Roofs tab Mode panel (Edit Footprint) or (Edit Profile). Make necessary changes. If you want to change the position of the roof, use the Properties palette to edit the Base Level and Offset properties to change the position of the reference plane.
When modeling ceilings in Revit What are the two methods used?
Use the Ceiling tool to create a ceiling in a reflected ceiling plan view.
- Open a ceiling plan view.
- Click Architecture tab Build panel (Ceiling).
- In the Type Selector, select a ceiling type.
- Place a ceiling using one of the following methods: Use walls as ceiling boundaries.
How do you split a roof in Revit?
Split a Roof or Structural Floor
- Select the floor to modify.
- Click Modify | Floors tab Shape Editing panel Add Split Line.
- Select a vertex, edge, face or point anywhere on the structural floor to start the split line. …
- Select another vertex, edge, face or point anywhere on the floor to end the split line.
How do you delete a wall in Revit?
Click Modify | Walls tab Modify Wall panel Detach Top/Base. Select the individual elements from which to detach the walls. Alternatively, if you want to detach the selected walls from all other elements at once (or you are not sure which elements are attached), click Detach All on the Options Bar.