How do I edit an imported CAD file in Solidworks?
To edit a third-party native CAD file in SOLIDWORKS:
- Open the third-party native CAD file in SOLIDWORKS.
- Right-click the feature and select Edit Feature .
- In the PropertyManager, under File, click Browse to choose a different native CAD file format. …
- Make changes to the part file using SOLIDWORKS features.
How do I edit a part in Solidworks?
To edit a part while in an assembly:
- Right-click the part and select Edit Part, or click Edit Component on the Assembly toolbar. …
- Make the necessary changes to the part.
How do you edit an import on shape?
To update the data imported into Onshape:
- Export the file again from the original system. …
- Open the Onshape document containing the originally imported data, right-click the tab with the file name, and select Update.
- The name of the Onshape tab is not changed (even if the file chosen for the update has a different name).
Can we edit STEP file?
STEP file, you still can, even if you’ve used 3D Interconnect, but there are some extra steps involved. … STEP file without using 3D Interconnect. So if you’ve found that you can’t edit . STEP or Parasolid files in the way you used to, the chances are 3D Interconnect is turned on.
How do I edit an OBJ file in SOLIDWORKS?
How to Convert OBJ to Solidworks
- Open the SolidWorks software. …
- Select the “OBJ” file extension from the drop-down menu. …
- Wait for SolidWorks to convert the OBJ format to SolidWorks. …
- Click on the “Yes” button when the “Do you wish to run Import Diagnostics on this part?” window in SolidWorks appears.
How do you edit in context?
To edit in context and select an existing Context: open the context menu, select the name of the existing Context you wish to edit and select “Edit in context.”
How do I modify a part in Inventor?
Right-click the part, and then select Edit Feature. Use the sketch and feature commands to add, edit, or delete features. Save the part file. The changes you make are reflected in all occurrences of the part in the assembly file (and other assemblies that use the part).
How do I edit part of Catia?
Right-click the feature in the specification tree and select feature. n object > Edit Parameters .
command which will display the edit dialog box.
- Enter a new draft angle value.
- Click OK . …
- Now, double-click the pad. …
- Enter a new length value.
- Uncheck the Mirrored extent option.
Can you edit a STL file?
Editing STL files can be done in two different types of modeling software: On the one hand, there is CAD software (Computer-Aided Design). It is tailored for construction, provides exact measurements and solid modeling. … On the other hand, there are mesh editing tools such as MeshMixer and MeshLab.
Can you open an STL file in SOLIDWORKS?
As for SOLIDWORKS, it has the ability to import STL files. … Go to System Options > Import, and set your File Format to STL. This is where we will change the import option to Solid Body. Now, the next time you open an STL, SOLIDWORKS will automatically convert the Mesh to a Solid Body.
How do I edit a .mesh file?
You can’t edit mesh files. You need to create your models like everyone does in modelers like 3D Studio Max, Maya, Blender, Milkshape3D, Google SketchUp and etc, then use the available exporters to export the model to the Ogre .
What files can Onshape edit?
Onshape can import the following file types to Part Studios:
- CATIA v4.
- CATIA v5.
- CATIA v6.
How do I convert a STL file to Step?
How to Convert STL to STEP
- Step 1: Download a Conversion Tool. …
- Step 2: Import Your STL File. …
- Step 3: Repair the Mesh. …
- Step 4: Convert Your Mesh to a Shape. …
- Step 5: Convert the Shape to a Solid. …
- Step 6: Export Your Solid to a STEP File.