How do you edit an extrusion in Solidworks?
If you enter the wrong distance to extrude to: and exit the boss-extrude dialog without correcting it, go to the design tree, right-click on the extrude name, and find the “edit feature” button in the box of options that appears above the mouse. The dialog will reopen and you can edit the properties of the extrude.
How do I edit a block in Solidworks?
To edit a block:
- Right-click the sketch and select Edit Sketch.
- Expand the folder to display the blocks.
- Select a block and click Edit Block. …
- Make changes to the block, and click the block confirmation corner.
How do you edit text in Solidworks?
To edit sketch text:
- In an open sketch, right-click the text (the pointer changes to when it is over the sketch text) and select Properties.
- Edit the text and its properties in the Sketch Text PropertyManager as necessary.
How do I edit a Solidworks file?
Editing an Existing Sketch
- Click Sketch on the Sketch toolbar, or click Insert > Sketch. Select an existing sketch to edit.
- Right-click a sketch in the FeatureManager design tree, or right-click a sketch entity in the graphics area, and select Edit Sketch.
How do I extend extrusion in Solidworks?
To extend a surface:
- Click Extended Surface (Surfaces toolbar) or Insert > Surface > Extend.
- In the PropertyManager: Under Edges/Faces to Extend, select one or more edges or faces in the graphics area for Selected Face/Edges . For edges, the surface extends along the plane of the edge. …
- Click .
How do you change multiple dimensions in Solidworks?
You can also set multiple dimensions to driven in the Dimension PropertyManager by clicking the Other tab, expanding Options, and selecting Driven.
Setting Multiple Dimensions to Driven
- In a sketch, select the dimensions.
- Right-click to display the shortcut menu.
- Under Dimension, click Driven.
How do I go back to sketch in Solidworks?
To exit a sketch, do one of the following:
- Click Rebuild (Standard toolbar) or click Edit > Rebuild.
- Click Exit Sketch on the Sketch toolbar.
- Click Insert > Exit Sketch.
- Right-click and select Exit Sketch .
- Click Exit Sketch or Cancel in the Confirmation Corner.
- Click Edit > Exit Sketch without Saving Changes.
How do we create a profile in Solidworks?
To create a weldment profile:
- Open a new part.
- Sketch a profile. Keep in mind that when you create a weldment structural member using the profile: …
- Close the sketch.
- In the FeatureManager design tree, select Sketch1.
- Click File > Save As.
- In the dialog box:
What is block solidworks?
You can make, save, edit, and insert blocks for drawing items and sketch entities that you use often, such as standard notes, title blocks, label positions, and so on. You can attach blocks to geometry or to drawing views, and you can insert them into sheet formats.
How do you create a text block in Solidworks?
To insert static text:
- In the SOLIDWORKS 3D PDF Template Editor, click Insert Text .
- In the PropertyManager, click Template text field . …
- Select the Font Size, Font Family, and Text Color.
- Optionally, drag the text block to a location and resize it using the handles.
- Double-click inside the text block and type the text.