Can I copy an exploded view?
Using Keyboard Shortcuts to Copy Exploded Views
You can use Ctrl + C and Ctrl + V to copy exploded views from the active configuration to another configuration.
How do I create a new configuration in Solidworks assembly?
Special Assembly Configurations
- Click File > Open.
- Browse to the desired assembly document, select Advanced under Configurations, and click Open.
- In the Configure Document dialog box, select one of the following: Option. Description. …
- Type a new Configuration name, and click OK. The assembly opens in the new configuration.
How do I export a SolidWorks assembly?
Assemblies Saved as Parts Export Options
- Click Tools > Options > System Options > Export.
- For File Format, select SLDPRT from assembly.
- Specify the following options, and click OK.
How do you exploded view into drawing in Solidworks?
In the drawing:
- Insert a model view of the assembly using the orientation needed for the exploded view. For details, see Model View.
- Right-click the drawing view and click Properties.
- In the Drawing View Properties dialog box, under Configuration information, select Show in exploded or model break state.
How do you save an exploded view in Solidworks?
The View Manager dialog box opens.
- Click Explode.
- Click New. …
- Press ENTER to accept the name or type a new name. …
- Click Properties and set the explode position of the assembly components.
- Click List to return to the exploded views list.
- Click Edit > Save. …
- Make sure the Explode check box is selected. …
- Click OK and Close.
What is a Solidworks configuration?
Configurations allow you to create multiple variations of a part or assembly model within a single document. Configurations provide a convenient way to develop and manage families of models with different dimensions, components, or other parameters.
How do I change the configuration in Solidworks?
To edit the configuration properties:
- In the ConfigurationManager , right-click the configuration name, and select Properties.
- Set options in the PropertyManager. Click Custom Properties to add or modify custom properties for the configuration.
- Click .
How do I export from Solidworks?
To export a SOLIDWORKS document as another file type:
- Select one of the following: The face or surface of a part in the graphics area. …
- Click File > Save As.
- Set Save as type to a file type, then click Options.
- Set options for the file type. …
- In the File name box, type a name. …
- Click Save.
Can you save a Solidworks assembly as a step file?
You can set the export options when you export SOLIDWORKS part or assembly documents as STEP files. To set the STEP export options: Click File > Save As. Select a STEP file type for Save as type, then click Options.
What file types can solidworks export?
SOLIDWORKS File Format
- Drawing Exchange Format (. dxf)
- Drawing (. dwg)
- Adobe Photoshop (. psd)
- Adobe Illustrator (. ai)
- Parasolid (. x_t)
- STEP (. stp)
- ACIS (. sat)
- IGES (. igs, . iges)