You can use this feature to construct a surface to fill a gap in a model. You can use the Filled Surface tool in these cases: Correct a part that does not import correctly into SOLIDWORKS (where there are missing faces).
Is there a fill feature in Solidworks?
The SOLIDWORKS Fill surface was added to the software in 2001, after surfacing was added in 1998+. It is essentially an N-sided Coons patch that will fill an opening in a surface that is otherwise closed.
How do I create a fill pattern in Solidworks?
To create a fill pattern, click Fill Pattern (Features toolbar) or Insert > Pattern/Mirror > Fill Pattern, set the PropertyManager options, and click . Parameters control the pattern layout. You can create a sheet metal perforation-style pattern, or a pattern of concentric shapes typically used to enhance aesthetics.
How do you fill a surface body in Solidworks?
To convert a boundary surface into a solid, click Insert > Surface > Boundary Surface, and in Options and Preview, click Create solid. To convert a trim-surface feature into a solid, click Insert > Surface > Trim Surface and in Surface Split Options, click Create solid.
How do you fill a command in Solidworks?
To fix or float an assembly component:
- Right-click the component in the graphics area or the component’s name in the FeatureManager design tree.
- Select Fix or Float.
- In assemblies with multiple configurations, select This Configuration, All Configurations, or Specified Configurations.
How do you thicken in Solidworks?
To thicken a surface:
- Click Thicken (Features toolbar), or click Insert > Boss/Base > Thicken.
- In the graphics area, select a Surface to Thicken .
- In the PropertyManager, under Thicken Parameters, select the side of the surface you want to thicken.
How do you shade a drawing in Solidworks?
To display a model in shaded view, do one of the following:
- Click Display Style > Shaded (Heads-up View toolbar).
- Click Shaded (View toolbar).
- Click View > Display > Shaded.
How do I create a pattern in Solidworks?
To create a linear sketch pattern:
- In an open sketch, click Linear Sketch Pattern. (Sketch toolbar) or Tools > Sketch Tools > Linear Pattern.
- In the PropertyManager, under Entities to Pattern, select the sketch entities to pattern .
- Set values for Direction 1 (X-axis). …
- Repeat for Direction 2 (Y-axis). …
- Click .
How can I make my body solid?
To create a solid body, select all the edges, sketches or curves of your model then select the checkbox for “create solid”. The boundary surface feature is just the same as other surfaces feature that creates a solid body with enclosed surfaces or for a volume a closed volume.
How do I convert a STL file to Solidworks?
Go to System Options > Import, and set your File Format to STL. This is where we will change the import option to Solid Body. Now, the next time you open an STL, SOLIDWORKS will automatically convert the Mesh to a Solid Body. If the STL is not watertight, it will automatically convert it to a surface.
How do you convert solid mesh to Solidworks?
Because the feature only creates surfaces, the recommended workflow is to trim the surfaces to form a solid. To create a surface from mesh feature: In Tools > Options > Import, under File Format, select STL/OBJ/OFF/PLY/PLY2 and click Import as Graphics Body. Then click OK.