In the SOLIDWORKS FeatureManager design tree, right-click the imported body and select FeatureWorks > Recognize Features. FeatureWorks recognizes the features, and they appear under Recognized Features in the Intermediate Stage PropertyManager.
How do you recognize a feature in SOLIDWORKS?
(Features toolbar) or Insert > FeatureWorks > Recognize Features. You can also select an imported body in the graphics area or in the SOLIDWORKS FeatureManager design tree, right-click, and select FeatureWorks > Recognize Features. This works for automatic and interactive recognition.
What is feature recognition in SOLIDWORKS?
FeatureWorks is a SOLIDWORKS Standard, Professional and Premium add-on that allows engineers and designers to directly interact with and edit imported part data in a SOLIDWORKS part file. Imported models, or “dumb solids”, become useable parts within the SOLIDWORKS 3D CAD environment.
How do I import features into SOLIDWORKS?
Editing Imported Features
- In the FeatureManager design tree, right-click the feature created from the imported document, and select Edit Feature. …
- In the Files of type list, select the desired format.
- Browse to select the desired file to import. …
- Select the Match faces and edges check box, if desired. …
- Click Open.
How do you activate a feature in SOLIDWORKS?
To set FeatureWorks to activate whenever you open SOLIDWORKS, click Tools > Add-Ins and select FeatureWorks under the Active Add-ins and Start-up columns.
Is FeatureWorks in solidworks standard?
FeatureWorks, included with SOLIDWORKS Standard, SOLIDWORKS Professional and SOLIDWORKS Premium bundles, makes it easy to share data between different CAD systems.
How do you convert an imported surface to a solid in Solidworks?
To convert a boundary surface into a solid, click Insert > Surface > Boundary Surface, and in Options and Preview, click Create solid. To convert a trim-surface feature into a solid, click Insert > Surface > Trim Surface and in Surface Split Options, click Create solid.
Can you edit STEP files in Solidworks?
You can edit only features that were created from an ACIS, Autodesk Inventor, IGES, Parasolid, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, STEP, VDAFS, or VRML file.
How do I edit an imported step in Solidworks?
You need to add a feature to the imported body.
- Select the bottom face of the imported body.
- Click Chamfer . …
- Under Chamfer Parameters, make the desired settings and click OK . …
- Right-click Imported1 in the FeatureManager design tree and select Edit Feature. …
- Click OK. …
- Select the STEP file and click Open.
What is a Parasolid file in Solidworks?
Parasolid Files (*. x_t, *. x_b) Data exported to or imported from Parasolid format retains its color when displayed in Shaded mode. … The Parasolid translator supports import and export of curves and wireframes.
Can you open STEP file in Solidworks?
SOLIDWORKS 3D Interconnect can read STEP, IGES, and ACIS file formats. … To open STEP, IGES, and ACIS files in SOLIDWORKS: Click Open (Standard toolbar) or File > Open.
What does dissolve feature do in Solidworks?
You can dissolve subassemblies into individual components, thereby moving the components up one level in the assembly hierarchy.
To break the link from the original part file:
- In the FeatureManager design tree, right-click the inserted third-party native CAD file and click Break Link.
- In the dialog box, click one of the following: Yes, break the link (cannot be undone) . Breaks the link of the inserted part file from the original file.