Use hyphens only to distinguish fractions from whole inches. You can’t use spaces while specifying a dimension. For example, you can specify eight feet, four and one-half inches as 8′4–1/2″ or 8′4.5 but not as 8′-4 1/2″.
How do you write feet and inches with fractions in AutoCAD?
To draw in feet and inches in AutoCAD, go the the Drawing Utilities section then Units. From here you can change the type to Architectural. You can also set your desired precision in fractions of an inch.
How do you write a fraction of an inch?
The symbol for fractions of inches when writing them is the quote mark, ” after the fraction. So 1/4 of an inch is written 1/4″. Fractions need to be reduced when writing them down. It is accurate to say that one half of an inch is 4/8, but it is incorrect to write it that way.
How do you type 1/2 inch in AutoCAD?
In AutoCAD you can enter a vulgar fraction (partly also in DText or block attributes) in 4 ways:
- trivia: using three characters “1”, “/”, “2”
- using a unicode character: e.g. “1/2” has a code U+00BD, “1/4” can be entered as U+00BC, “3/4” can be entered as U+00BE (you have to choose one of the Unicode fonts)
How do you unstack dimensions in AutoCAD?
- Double-click the stacked text, or select the text, right-click, and select Mtext Edit.
- In the Text Formatting dialog box, right-click the stacked characters.
- Click Stack Properties.
- Click the AutoStack button.
- Uncheck the Enable AutoStacking check box.
How do I convert feet and inches to AutoCAD?
How Do I Draw in Feet and Inches in AutoCAD?
- Click the AutoCAD Icon in the top-left corner of the AutoCAD interface.
- Click the Drawing Utilities section.
- Click Units.
- Click the drop-down menu below Type and select Architectural.
- Click OK to confirm the change.
How is CM written?
The centimeter can be written as cm. While calculating the surface area of an object, the unit of measurement becomes cm2. While measuring the volume of an object, the unit of measurement becomes cm3.