How do I duplicate a Revit file?
In the Design Options dialog, select the design option from the list. Under Option, click Duplicate. Revit creates a copy of the selected design option named Copy of
- Open the project file (RVT) to use as the central model.
- Click Collaborate tab Manage Collaboration panel (Worksets). …
- If desired, rename the worksets.
- In the Worksharing dialog, click OK. …
- In the Worksets dialog, click OK. …
- Click File tab Save As (Project).
What is the use of workset in Revit?
A workset is a collection of elements in a workshared project. You can create worksets based on functional areas, such as the following: For architecture and structural engineering: interior, exterior, and site.
Where is local Revit file saved?
When working on Collaboration for Revit files, local copies are saved at the following file path: C:Users%USERNAME%AppDataLocalAutodeskRevit
Can you have two Revit files open at once?
Try to open the different revit project files inside the same revit session (CTR + O). You should be able to get all in the same revit session.
How do I open a local file in Revit?
Create a Local Copy of a Central Model
- Click File tab Open.
- In the Open dialog, navigate to the folder where the central model resides and select it. To navigate to a central model that is connected to the Revit Server: …
- Under Worksharing, verify that Create New Local is selected. …
- Click Open.
How do I save a local copy of Revit?
Click File tab Save As (Project). In the Save As dialog, rename the file, and click Options. In the File Save Options dialog, select Make this a Central Model after save. Select a default workset for local copies.
How do you create a local file?
- Go to File > Local File Manager.
- Click Create File.
- Enter a new file name into the empty File name box.
- Click Open.
How do you check a workset in Revit?
Tip: To check out multiple worksets at once, click the workset name under the Name column to select it, hold Ctrl or Shift and select other worksets, and then click Editable. You can select all worksets by pressing Ctrl+A . Click OK.
How do I manage a workset in Revit?
To control the worksets in the linked project, select the linked file and then click Manage Worksets. Revit displays the Manage Worksets for Link dialog. Here, you can select one or more linked worksets and change their Opened status.
What is unique to a newly created workset in Revit?
The new workset displays in the list of worksets; it is editable, and your user name displays for Owner.