How do you create a void blend in Revit?
In the Family Editor, on the Create tab Forms panel, do one of the following:
- Click (Blend).
- Click Void Forms drop-down (Void Blend).
How do you use the blend tool in Revit?
To create a blend, select the blend command. You are placed in the Sketch mode. Select a tool from the Draw menu to draw a closed-loop sketch for the base of the blend. Once the base sketch is complete, click Edit Top on the Mode panel of the contextual tab.
How do you use void form?
To create a void form, use the pull down-menu on the Void Forms button, and then select the type of void form to create. Once the void form is created, if it intersects an existing solid, the portion of the void that intersects the solid will be removed from the solid form.
How do you create an extrusion in Revit 2021?
Create an Extrusion
- In the Family Editor, on the Create tab Forms panel, do one of the following: …
- Use the sketching tools to sketch the extrusion profile: …
- On the Properties palette, specify the extrusion properties: …
- Click Modify | Create Extrusion tab Mode panel (Finish Edit Mode). …
- To view the extrusion, open a 3D view.
How do you get a void extrusion in Revit?
Click Modify | Create Extrusion tab Mode panel (Finish Edit Mode). Revit Architecture completes the extrusion and returns you to the view in which you started the extrusion. To view the extrusion, open a 3D view.
How do you void walls in Revit?
- Edit the in place wall.
- Create a new void extrusion that will define the opening.
- Use the “Cut” tool and select the void geometry.
- Finish the solid edition.
How do you cut geometry in Revit 2020?
Load the family into the project and place it. Click Modify tab Geometry panel Cut drop-down (Cut Geometry). Select the object to be cut. Select the instance with which to cut.
How do you create a family in Revit 2020?
Create a Family from a Template
- Click File tab New Family. …
- Optionally, to preview a template, select it. …
- Select the family template that you want to use, and click Open. …
- In the Project Browser, notice the list of family views. …
- Click File tab Save As Family.
How do I create a form in Revit?
Create a Solid Form
- On the Create tab Draw panel, select one of the drawing tools.
- Click in the drawing area, and draw a closed loop.
- Select the closed loop.
- Click Modify | Lines tab Form panel (Create Form). …
- (Optional) Click Modify | Form Element tab Form panel (Void Form) to convert this solid to a void.
What is void form used for?
VoidForm International Cardboard Void forms are used in the construction of cast-in-place concrete where expansive soils are present. Void forms provide temporary support for cast-in-place floors, beams and walls until the concrete can support itself on the drilled piles or caissons.
What is void foam?
Great White Foam expanded polystyrene (EPS) solid void form is available in strips and sheets. Solid void form is used to protect the structure from damage due to uplift forces from frost or soil swelling. Solid void for can be used beneath grade beams, slabs, pile caps, and other applications.