Click the Pocket icon . The Pocket Definition dialog box is displayed and the application previews a pocket. If you launch the Pocket command with no profile previously defined, just click the icon to access the Sketcher and sketch the profile you need.
How do you put a pocket in CATIA?
To use Pocket feature in CATIA V5,
- Firstly take any plane and let it be XY Plane.
- Draw a sketch of required dimensions.
- PAD it to the required diameter.
- Now choose the surface where you need to remove material and draw a sketch on it.
- Choose the Pocket feature and click on the sketches provided.
How do I use the slot in CATIA V5?
To define a slot, you need a center curve, a planar profile, a reference element and optionally a pulling direction. Select the profile, i.e. Sketch.
It is closed.
- Click to open the Sketcher and edit the profile. …
- For example, enlarge the profile.
- Quit the Sketcher when done. …
- Maintain the Keep angle option.
Can you use any open profile for pocket command in CATIA?
About Profiles. You can use profiles sketched in the Sketcher workbench or planar geometrical elements created in the Generative Shape Design workbench (except for lines). You can create pockets from sketches including several closed profiles. … You can select diverse elements constituting a sketch too.
Can you create pocket as first feature in Catia?
If your insert a new body and create a pocket as the first feature of this body, the application creates material: Pockets can also be created from sketches including several profiles. These profiles must not intersect.
What are the draw command in AutoCAD?
What are the draw commands in AutoCAD?
- Command: REGION. Select objects: (Pick P1) Select objects: 1 loop extracted. …
- Command: WIPEOUT. …
- Specify first point or [Frames/Polyline] <Polyline>: F (the Frames option) Enter mode [ON/OFF] <ON>: OFF.
What are sketch based features?
Sketch-based features use a Sketch feature (a sketch) to define their shape, dimensions, and general placement.