How do you use ordinate dimensions in Draftsight?
Click Dimension > Ordinate (or type OrdinateDimension). In the graphics area, specify the feature location (the point to be measured).
Specify a Leader end point or specify an option:
- Xdatum. Measures the X ordinate regardless of where you set the Leader end point. …
- Ydatum. …
- Set Zero. …
- Reference. …
- Angle, Note, or Text.
How do I change dimension settings in Draftsight?
Click Tools > Options to open the Options dialog box. Expand User Preferences > Drafting Options > Dimension Palette. Do one of the following: Click Enable Dimension palette to display the dimension palette automatically when you create a dimension or click a dimension to edit it.
How do you draw lines with dimension in Draftsight?
Click Draw > Line (or type Line). Press Enter.
In the graphics area, specify:
- A point to start the line segment.
- A point to end the line segment.
- Another point to define the next segment or press Enter to finish the drawing.
What are ordinate dimensions?
Ordinate dimensions are a set of dimensions measured from a zero ordinate in a drawing or sketch. In drawings, they are reference dimensions and you cannot change their values or use the values to drive the model. Ordinate dimensions are measured from the axis you select first.
What are ordinate dimensions used for?
Ordinate dimensioning is used when the X and the Y coordinates, from one location, are the only dimensions necessary. Usually the part has a uniform thickness, such as a flat plate with holes drilled into it. The dimensions to each feature, such as a hole, originate from one datum location.
How do you increase dimension size in DraftSight?
Expand User Preferences > Drafting Options > Dimension Palette.
How do I change dimension text in DraftSight?
- Select bigger circle.
- You can see that the size of dimension text is very small.
- In the properties tab, find the Text height field and change the text height value to whatever you want, e.g. 10.
How do you scale dimensions in DraftSight?
- Click Modify > Scale (or type Scale).
- In the graphics area, select entities to scale.
- Press Enter.
- Specify the base point. …
- Enter the scale factor or specify the Reference option to enter a reference length and a new length.
How do you save dimension style in DraftSight?
To save a dimension style
Choose Save Style in the Dimensions menu. Type -dimstyle in the command window, press Enter then type S or save and press Enter.
How do you override dimensions in Draftsight?
Overriding DimensionStyle Variables
- Click Dimension > Override (or type OverrideDimensionStyle).
- Type the name of a DimensionStyle variable to override.
- Enter the new value.
- Continue entering DimensionStyle variables and values, and press Enter when done.
How do I change dimension color in Draftsight?
The Edit Dimension Styles dialog box appears. From the tree on the left, select the base dimension style and click Modify. Click the Text tab. In the Text color list, select a color for text.
How do you join lines in Draftsight?
To Join Polylines, Splines, Lines, and Arcs Into a Single…
- Click Home tab Modify panel Edit Polyline. Find.
- Select a polyline, spline, line, or arc to edit. …
- Enter j (Join).
- Select one or more polylines, splines, lines, or arcs that are located end to end.
- Press Enter to end the command.
How do I make a dotted line in Draftsight?
Loading and Setting LineStyles
- Click Format > Line Style (or type LineStyle).
- In the dialog box, click Load. The Load LineStyles dialog box displays the LineStyles contained in the . …
- Click Browse to select a LineStyle file, and click Open.
- Select one or more LineStyles in the list. …
- Click OK. …
- Click OK.