Click Modify, and then select the bottom edge of the wall layer you want to be able to extend (for example, the siding). Once selected, click to unlock the padlock icon. Repeat this step for any other layers you want to be able to modify.
How do you unlock layers in Revit?
Solved by ToanDN. Go to Solution. Hover the mouse cursor over the padlock until the blue lock turns yellow, then click to unlock.
How do I edit wall layers in Revit?
To drag wall layers, modify them in section, 3D, and elevation views.
- Place the cursor at the top or bottom of the wall and press Tab until you highlight the shape handle for the extendable layers. …
- Click to select the shape handle.
- Drag the shape handle up or down.
How do you split a layer wall in Revit?
To split a layer or region horizontally, highlight one of the borders. A preview split line displays when you highlight a border. After you split a region or layer horizontally, click the border between the regions. A blue control arrow displays with a temporary dimension.
How do you extend walls in Revit?
click Modify tab Modify panel Trim drop-down (Trim/Extend Multiple Elements). Select the reference to use as a boundary. Use one or both of the following methods to select the elements to trim or extend: Click to select each element to trim or extend.
What is a wall layer?
Wall Layers adds element layers along all fluid-wall and fluid-solid interfaces. It augments the original mesh to produce a smooth distribution along all walls, which is critical for accurate flow and temperature prediction. Wall Layers ensures adequate mesh across small gaps, which can be very difficult manually.
How do I change the color of a layer in Revit?
Make Global Changes to the Graphic Display of Layers
- Open the project.
- Click Manage tab Settings panel (Object Styles).
- In the Object Styles dialog, click the Imported Objects tab.
- Click to expand the DWG file name of the file. …
- For each layer, change the values for Line Weight, Line Color, or Line Pattern, as desired.
How do you split a vertical wall in Revit?
For more explanation of these properties, see Wall Instance Properties.
- Click Modify tab Modify panel (Split Element).
- Place the cursor on the wall or line at the point you wish to split. Note: A stacked wall can only be split vertically. …
- Click to place the split.