How do you translate an object in Solidworks?
Click Move/Copy Bodies (Features toolbar) or Insert > Features > Move/Copy . Specify parameters to move, copy, or rotate bodies. Apply mates between bodies. Click Translate/Rotate or Constraints at the bottom of the PropertyManager (if necessary) to switch to the page you want.
Where is translate in Solidworks?
In the PropertyManager, under Move Face, select Translate.
How do you grab a part in Solidworks?
Click Move Component (Assembly toolbar) or Tools > Component > Move. The Move Component PropertyManager appears, and the pointer changes to . Select one or more components in the graphics area. Select a component and drag in any direction.
How do you move bodies in Solidworks?
To move, copy, rotate, or mate a solid or surface body: Click Move/Copy Bodies (Features toolbar) or Insert > Features > Move/Copy. Specify parameters to move, copy, or rotate bodies. Apply mates between bodies.
How do you move the top plane in Solidworks?
Using the plane’s handles and edges, you can do the following:
- Resize the plane by dragging a corner or edge handle.
- Move the plane by dragging the edge of the plane.
- Copy the plane by selecting a plane in the graphics area. Then hold down the Ctrl key and, using the edge, drag to a new location.
How do you move faces in Solidworks?
Click Move Face (Mold Tools or Features toolbar) or Insert > Face > Move . You can also right-click a face and click Move Face, or select Move Face on the Direct Editing CommandManager tab.
How do you move a cut Extrude in Solidworks?
Moving and Copying Features
- Select Instant3D (Features toolbar).
- In the graphics area, select the feature to move.
- Use the handles to drag the feature to its new location.
What is solidworks Pack N Go?
Gathers all related files for a model design (parts, assemblies, drawings, references, design tables, Design Binder content, decals, appearances, and scenes, and SOLIDWORKS Simulation results) into a folder or zip file. To access Pack and Go: In SOLIDWORKS, click File > Pack and Go.
How do I move origin in Solidworks?
Click Tools > Sketch Tools > Align > Align Grid/Origin. In the Align Grid/Origin PropertyManager, under Selections: To change only the sketch origin: Select a vertex or point for Sketch Origin Location .
How do you merge bodies in Solidworks?
To add bodies together:
- Click Combine. (Features toolbar) or Insert > Features > Combine.
- In the PropertyManager, under Operation Type, select Add.
- For Bodies to Combine, select the bodies to combine. You can select bodies in the graphics area or the Solid Bodies. …
- Click Show Preview to preview the feature.
- Click .