What is a self intersecting contour?
“Self Intersecting contour” means a closed-loop polygon of the same the beginning and the end position and intersected with self-line in between. If there is such a polygon, the entire area might not be able to be filled well when the gerber output.
How do you trim an intersecting body in SolidWorks?
Intersecting Bodies to Modify Part Geometry
- With the part open, click Insert > Features > Intersect .
- For Solids, Surfaces, or Planes, select the bodies to intersect or merge.
- Select Cap planar openings on surfaces to cap flat openings in surfaces.
- Click Intersect. …
- Select regions to exclude. …
- Select options as required:
What is self intersecting?
Self-intersecting polygons, crossed polygons, or self-crossing polygons are polygons some of whose edges cross each other. They contrast with simple polygons, whose edges never cross. Some types of self-intersecting polygons are: the crossed quadrilateral, with four edges.
How do I repair a sketch in Solidworks?
To open the Repair Sketch tool: Click Tools > Sketch Tools > Repair Sketch. Repair Sketch deletes these from the sketch.
How do you fix a self intersecting face in SolidWorks?
To fix self-intersected surfaces:
- In the PropertyManager, select Edit feature lines.
- Use the edit feature lines tools to modify feature lines.
- Click Update Preview to check progress. …
- If you cannot fix all the surface errors, click . …
- Click OK.
- Use the SolidWorks surfacing tools to fill the surfaces areas you deleted.
Can contour plots intersect?
Intersecting lines on contour plots are level curves around saddle points of negative Gauss curvature surfaces.
How do you trim in SolidWorks 2020?
To trim with the Power trim option:
- Right-click the sketch and select Edit Sketch.
- Click Trim Entities. …
- In the PropertyManager, under Options, select Power trim .
- Click in the graphics area next to the first entity, and drag across the sketch entity to trim.
How does SolidWorks calculate intersection?
Select Find Intersection from the menu.
- Select the second sketch entity (with which the first one could intersect). At this point the virtual sharp should be created and the first dimension line will be attached.
- Select the second entity of the dimension. …
- You are then free to place the dimension.
How do you determine if an intersecting polygon is self?
To determine if a polygon is self-intersecting using MapObjects, simply intersect the polygon with its own Extent. If the result is Nothing (nil), then the polygon is self-intersecting.
How do you find self-intersection?
A self-intersection will be a singular point of the curve, and the singular points can be found by solving the system of equations [; f(x,y) = f_x(x,y) = f_y(x,y) = 0 ;] , which can again be done with Gröbner bases.