How do I edit a BOM in Solidworks?
Bill of Materials – Edit Text
- Double-click the BOM, or right-click the BOM and select Edit. While the bill of materials is active, it is displayed with row and column headers. …
- Edit the worksheet as needed, using Excel functions. You can perform these kinds of edits: …
- Click outside the worksheet to return to the drawing.
How do I resize a BOM in Solidworks?
One Click SOLIDWORKS Bill of Material (BOM) Resizing
First, adjust one row to your desired row height, then press the shift button while you are still holding down the left mouse button, then let go of the left mouse button. All the SOLIDWORKS Bill of Material rows are auto adjusted to the same row height.
How do I use BOM in Solidworks?
To create a BOM directly from a part or assembly:
- With the part or assembly open, select Insert > Tables > Bill of Materials.
- Set the BOM properties in the Bill of Materials PropertyManager and click . To create a parts-only BOM, select Parts only for BOM Type. …
- Click the graphics area to place the BOM.
How do you copy a BOM in Solidworks?
Copying Assembly BOMs into Drawings
- Select Insert > Tables > Bill of Materials.
- In BOM Options, select Copy existing table.
- Select an assembly BOM from the list.
- Select Linked to link the BOMs.
How do I move a row in Solidworks bom?
To move multiple table rows:
- From an open table, press Ctrl and select rows to move in unison.
- Release Ctrl and click Group/ungroup selected rows .
- Drag the group of rows in the table.
- Click Group/ungroup selected rows to release the group.
How do I change font size in bill of materials?
To edit text in a bill of materials (BOM):
Bill of Materials – Edit Text
- Double-click the BOM, or right-click the BOM and select Edit. …
- Edit the worksheet as needed, using Excel functions.
How do you do bom?
Necessary Elements of a Good BOM
- BOM level: Assign each part or assembly a number to detail where it fits in the hierarchy of the BOM. …
- Part number: Give each item within the BOM a unique part number, which allows anyone involved in the manufacturing cycle to reference and identify parts easily.
- Part name:
How do you exploded view into drawing in Solidworks?
In the drawing:
- Insert a model view of the assembly using the orientation needed for the exploded view. For details, see Model View.
- Right-click the drawing view and click Properties.
- In the Drawing View Properties dialog box, under Configuration information, select Show in exploded or model break state.
How do you insert a BOM in Solidworks?
To insert a Bill of Materials into a drawing:
- Click Bill of Materials (Table toolbar), or Insert > Tables > Bill of Materials.
- Select a drawing view to specify the model.
- Set the properties in the Bill of Materials PropertyManager, then click OK .
How do I save a solidworks BOM file in Excel?
To save a bill of materials as an Excel file:
- Click the bill of materials on the drawing sheet.
- Click File > Save As.
- Enter a file name, and click Save.
How do you create a BOM in Excel solidworks?
Creating an Excel-based BOM
- Click Excel Based Bill of Materials (Table toolbar) or Insert > Tables > Excel Based Bill of Materials.
- In the Select BOM Template dialog box, browse to <install_dir>lang<language>, and select Piping BOM Template. …
- Select options in the Bill of Materials Properties dialog box and click OK.