To show the bill of materials again, right-click the bill of materials in the FeatureManager design tree and select Show.
How do you display material in BOM solidworks?
With the part or assembly open, select Insert > Tables > Bill of Materials. Set the BOM properties in the Bill of Materials PropertyManager and click .
How do you use bill of materials in Solidworks?
Creating Bills of Materials from Parts or Assemblies
- With the part or assembly open, select Insert > Tables > Bill of Materials.
- Set the BOM properties in the Bill of Materials PropertyManager and click . To create a parts-only BOM, select Parts only for BOM Type. …
- Click the graphics area to place the BOM.
How do I unlock bill of materials in Solidworks?
To open the Bill of Materials PropertyManager for displayed BOMs:
- Click the upper left corner of the BOM.
- If the BOM is not open, with an assembly or drawing open, select Insert > Tables > Bill of Materials.
How do I edit a bill of materials in Solidworks?
Bill of Materials – Edit Text
- Double-click the BOM, or right-click the BOM and select Edit. While the bill of materials is active, it is displayed with row and column headers. …
- Edit the worksheet as needed, using Excel functions. You can perform these kinds of edits: …
- Click outside the worksheet to return to the drawing.
How do I export BOM from Solidworks?
To export a BOM:
- Right-click a BOM and click Save As.
- In the dialog box: In Save as type, select a file type. Browse to a folder, enter a file name, and click Save.
How do you add material to a bill of materials?
Applies to Excel-based Bills of Materials. You can add more information such as Material, Vendor_Number, Cost, and so on to the open part or subassembly document by clicking File > Properties and selecting the Custom tab or the Configurations specific tab.
How do you do bom?
Necessary Elements of a Good BOM
- BOM level: Assign each part or assembly a number to detail where it fits in the hierarchy of the BOM. …
- Part number: Give each item within the BOM a unique part number, which allows anyone involved in the manufacturing cycle to reference and identify parts easily.
- Part name:
How do you lock a BOM in Solidworks?
Right-click a row or column and click Formatting > Lock Column Width or Lock Row Height. Locked rows and columns display a lock icon when you select the table.
How do you exclude in Bom solidworks?
To exclude assembly components from a Bill of Materials:
- In the assembly document, right-click the component and click Component Properties .
- In the Component Properties dialog box, select Exclude from bill of materials, then click OK. You can dissolve subassemblies and combine like components in BOMs.
What is BOM option in Solidworks?
Setting Options for a Bill of Materials – 2016 – SOLIDWORKS Help. > Detailing and Drawings > Bill of Materials (BOM) > Bill of Materials Overview > Setting Options for a Bill of Materials. Other versions: 2010. 2011.
What is meant by bom?
A bill of materials (BOM) is a centralized source of information used to manufacture a product. It is a list of the items needed to create a product as well as the instructions on how to assemble that product.
How do you add Bill of Materials in Creo?
- To create a Bill of Materials, open or activate an assembly model, then click the. (Bill of Materials) icon. This tool is in the Investigate group on both the Model tab and the Tools tab. …
- Once you click. in the Bill of Materials (BOM) dialog box, Creo Parametric automatically saves the file with a .