Click Insert tab Import panel Map Import . In the Import Location dialog box, under Files Of Type, select shp. Select the file or folder to import. Click OK.
How do you select an entity in Solidworks?
- In a part or assembly document, right-click the model in the graphics area and choose Select Other . The pointer changes to. and a box appears with a list of entities (faces, edges, subassemblies, etc.) …
- Click in the list or the graphics area to select an entity.
How do I change the selection in Solidworks?
- Click Options or Tools > Options.
- Click Selection.
- Select from the options described below, then click OK.
How do you select two points in Solidworks?
Shift + select the first quadrant of the arc and select the center or the second quadrant. You do not need to hold down the Shift key once you select a quadrant of an arc to start a dimension.
How do you select a whole part in Solidworks?
To select everything in the graphics area: Click Edit > Select All, or press Ctrl+A. To limit the selection to specific entities in a part, pre-select one or more entities in the graphics area. For example, pre-select an edge and a vertex to limit the selection to all edges and vertices.
How do you select edges in Solidworks?
To manually select each edge: Right-click and select Clear Selections. Select an edge. In the graphics area a red arrow appears at the endpoint of the edge and indicates a possible next edge, and selection tools appear in the PropertyManager.
How do I turn off dynamic highlights in SolidWorks?
How do you stop SolidWorks from retracing all the lines of your…
- Tools > Options > Display/Selection.
- Go down to “Dynamic highlight from graphics view2.
How do you highlight a part in SolidWorks?
Items in the graphics area are highlighted when you select them, or dynamically highlighted when you move the pointer over them. You can set the colors for selected items, dynamic highlighting, and other user interface items in Tools > Options > System Options > Colors.
How do you highlight a line in SolidWorks?
In drawings, edges dynamically highlight as thin phantom lines, and edges of faces dynamically highlight as thin dashed lines. To control dynamic highlighting, click Tools > Options > System Options > Display/Selection and select or clear Dynamic highlight from graphics view.
How do you select multiple lines in Solidworks?
Select several rows by dragging the cursor up or down in the left-most column. Ctrl + click the left-most column in one or more rows. Shift + click the left-most column in the last of a series of rows.
How do you select multiple objects in Solidworks?
To select multiple items, hold down Ctrl while selecting.
How do you select multiple sketches in Solidworks?
To select a chain of sketch entities:
- Right-click a sketch entity and choose Select Chain. The entities of sketch geometry such as rectangles and polygons are selected. If the geometry includes branches, the chain stops at the branch. You can continue the selection manually.
- You can hold Ctrl and select multiple chains.