The first and simplest option is to select the transparent face while holding the SHIFT key. This will allow the user to graphically select the transparent face and then right click it and change the transparency.
How do you select a transparent part in Solidworks?
> Display/Selection and click Enable select through transparency. As you move the pointer over opaque geometry that is behind transparent geometry, the opaque faces, edges, and vertices highlight. Click to select the highlighted geometry in the graphics area.
How do you make a surface transparent in Solidworks?
To change the transparency, right-click the assembly and click Top Level Transparency on the context toolbar. For components that are transparent when you change the assembly to transparent: If you do not change the transparency of the component, the component remains transparent when you change the assembly to opaque.
How do I select a surface in Solidworks?
USING SELECT ALL AND SELECTION FILTER TOGETHER IN SOLIDWORKS
- We want to select all of the surfaces in a quick efficient way. …
- Now that we’re only able to select surfaces/faces we’ll go to Edit > Select All (Ctrl+A). …
- Using the Knit Surface feature can be used to combine our many surfaces into one surface body.
How do I change the transparency back in Solidworks?
To open the Display Pane, click the right-facing arrow at the top-right of the FeatureManager. The last column in this pane will show an icon for any feature or body that has been set to a transparent display. Toggle these off as needed to remove as much transparency as you’d like.
How do I turn off transparency in Solidworks?
To change the transparency of the components you are not editing:
- Select a component and click Edit Component (Assembly toolbar). …
- Click Assembly Transparency (Assembly toolbar) and select from the following: …
- Edit the part as needed.
- Click Edit Component to return to editing the assembly, and to turn off transparency.
How do you select all edges of face in Solidworks?
To select everything in the graphics area: Click Edit > Select All, or press Ctrl+A. To limit the selection to specific entities in a part, pre-select one or more entities in the graphics area. For example, pre-select an edge and a vertex to limit the selection to all edges and vertices.
What is face solidworks?
You can offset, translate, and rotate faces and features directly on solid or surface models. To open the Move Face PropertyManager: Click Move Face (Mold Tools or Features toolbar) or Insert > Face > Move .
What’s a transparency app?
The Transparency app for iOS or Android lets customers scan Transparency codes on products. Upon scanning, the app will show a green check mark if the code is valid and a red X if it is not.
How do you delete a face in Solidworks?
To delete faces from bodies:
- Click Delete Face on the Surfaces toolbar, or Insert > Face > Delete. The Delete Face PropertyManager appears.
- In the graphics area, click the faces you want to delete. The names of the faces appear under Faces to delete .
- Under Options, click Delete.
- Click OK .
What is Envelope solidworks?
An assembly envelope is a special type of assembly component. Envelopes have two main functions. You can use envelopes as reference components and as selection tools. Envelopes are ignored in global assembly operations such as bills of materials and mass properties.