To place a revision cloud, first open the view or sheet that you would like to annotate. On the annotate tab, select Revision Cloud. From the Tools panel of the contextual tab, select the drawing tool to sketch the boundary of the revision cloud.
How do you use revision clouds in Revit?
Add a Revision Cloud
- In the project, open a view in which you want to indicate changes. …
- Click Annotate tab Detail panel (Revision Cloud). …
- On the Tools panel, click one of the draw tools.
- In the drawing area, place the cursor near the part of the view that has changed and draw the cloud to encompass the changed area.
How do you use a revision cloud?
Convert an Object to a Revision Cloud
- Click Home tab Draw panel Revision Cloud drop-down. Find.
- In the drawing area, right-click and choose Object.
- Select a circle, ellipse, polyline, or spline that you want to convert to a revision cloud.
- Press Enter to keep the current direction of the arcs. …
- Press Enter.
How do I change the revision cloud number in Revit?
Specify Revision Cloud Numbering by Project or by Sheet
- In the project, click View tab Sheet Composition panel (Sheet Issues/Revisions).
- In the Sheet Issues/Revisions dialog, for Numbering, select the revision numbering method for clouds on a sheet: Per Project or Per Sheet.
- Click OK.
What is a drawing revision?
The term “Drawing Revision” refers to modifications that are made to a drawing after it has been signed and issued. The first revision to a drawing takes place after the initial issue of the drawing is signed and released for bid or construction.
What does a cloud mean on a blueprint?
There are two common methods of indicating where a revision has changed a drawing that contains a system diagram. … The cloud method indicates changes from the most recent revision only, whereas the second method indicates all revisions to the drawing because all of the previous revision circles remain on the drawing.
How do I add a revision cloud in Autocad?
To Insert a Revision Cloud in the Drawing
- Select a revision cloud tool on a tool palette. …
- Specify the first point of the cloud shape in the drawing area. …
- Specify the cloud shape, and click once when the cloud is closed. …
- Enter the text you want displayed in the tag, and click OK.
How do I change revision name in Revit?
To see or change revision cloud properties, select a revision cloud in a view, and make changes on the Properties palette. The revision assigned to the cloud. To change the assigned revision, select a revision from the list. (See Enter revision information and Assign a revision to a revision cloud.)