Where are SOLIDWORKS simulations saved?
Understanding SOLIDWORKS Simulation data
Whereas the results are stored as a separate CWR file in a user-defined location. By default, these files are saved in the folder of the assembly/part file that you are analyzing.
How do I open a solidworks simulation file?
To load all simulation data, click Simulation > Options > System Options > General and select Load all Simulation Studies when opening the model (requires more time to open a model). You can also load simulation data for a specific study by clicking individual simulation tabs.
How do you use simulation in SOLIDWORKS?
Part of SOLIDWORKS Simulation’s ease of use are the simple Six Steps that every Simulation Study shares.
- Step 1: Define your Study. …
- Step 2: Assign your Materials.
- Step 3: Apply the Boundary Conditions (Free Body Diagram)
- Step 4: Mesh the Model.
- Step 5: Run the Analysis (Solve)
- Step 6: View the Results.
How do you do a simulation in SOLIDWORKS 2020?
To run a study, right-click its icon in the Simulation study tree and select Run or click Run in the Simulation toolbar. When you run one or multiple Simulation studies, they run as background processes. Simulation continues to run in the background after the SOLIDWORKS session is ended.
- Create a duplicate of the Scan2CAD directory which is in your Program Files.
- Ensure the directory is named anything different to the original, for example ‘Scan2CAD v9 copy’
- Launch the Scan2CAD .exe located in the duplicate directory.
What is CWR file in Solidworks?
The CWR file is a compressed file containing all the results data related to the study. Upon saving and closing the SOLIDWORKS file, the results are saved to the CWR and then deleted. This allows convenient file management without keeping track of multiple files.
How do you interpret simulation results?
Guidelines for Analyzing Simulation Results
- Look at the “big picture”. …
- Look at the certainty level, the probability of achieving values within a certain range. …
- Focus on the display range. …
- Look at different views of the forecast. …
- Customize the forecast chart. …
- Create other kinds of charts (Table 1, Crystal Ball Charts).
What is PDM solidworks?
SOLIDWORKS PDM (Product Data Management) is a cloud-based suite of applications to manage product design data and documents, allowing easier collaboration and increased productivity.
How do I change the work directory in simulation?
To change the location that you are saving your SOLIDWORKS Simulation files for all future studies go to your simulation options file by clicking Simulation>Options>Default Options>Results>Results Folder.
Which is better Ansys or Solidworks?
Solidworks is mainly 3D CAD software, and the analysis function is an auxiliary tool, which helps to obtain simple analysis results quickly in the design process . Ansys is a professional analysis software. … For FEA analysis, Ansys is much better than SolidWorks. For modelling purpose SolidWorks is right.
How do you do a motion study in Solidworks 2020?
They simulate and animate the motion you prescribe for a model. You can use SOLIDWORKS mates to restrict the motion of components in an assembly when you model motion. You can use Animation to animate the motion of assemblies. Add motors to drive the motion of one or more parts of an assembly.