What happens when you detach from central Revit?
When you tick Detach from Central it create a copy of the original Central File. This copy, when saved, is still another worksharing central file, independent from the original.
How do I save a Revit model?
To save a copy of a file, use the Save As tool.
- Click File tab (Save As).
- Select a Project, Family, Template, or Library file type to save.
- In the Save As dialog, navigate to the desired folder.
- If desired, change the file name.
- To specify save options, click Options, set the options as desired, and click OK.
Why can’t I detach from central Revit?
The network connection/resource is busy, or disconnected (likely culprit) Someone is creating a local at the same moment (less often, but happens) Opening a file created in a newer version of Revit (less often) File is a Local file (user copied a local over a central)
Unload linked models to temporarily remove them from the project.
- Click Manage tab Manage Project panel (Manage Links).
- In the Manage Links dialog, click the relevant tab.
- Select the linked model.
- To unload the selected model, click Unload.
How do I sync Revit files?
To save your changes locally, use the keyboard shortcut Ctrl+S. To save your changes to the central model using the current settings, click the Collaborate tab > Synchronize panel > Synchronize with Central drop-down > Synchronize Now.
What is a Revit central file?
The central model stores the current ownership information for all worksets and elements in the project, and acts as the distribution point for all changes made to the model.
How do I unlock a Revit file?
Tip: You can’t lock Revit Cloud Worksharing files. Right-click the selected document and click Lock. To unlock a document, right-click it and click Unlock.
How do you detach a central file in Revit?
- Click File tab Open.
- Select a workshared model.
- In the Open dialog, select Detach from Central.
- Click Open. The default file name for the model is the original filename with “_detached” appended. …
- In the task dialog, specify whether to preserve or discard worksets. …
- Save the model.
How do I save a Revit file as a central model?
Create a Central Model from an Existing Workshared Model
- Open the existing workshared file.
- Click File tab Save As (Project).
- In the Save As dialog, rename the file, and click Options.
- In the File Save Options dialog, select Make this a Central Model after save.
- Select a default workset for local copies.