Click Rotate View (View toolbar) or View > Modify > Rotate then drag the pointer . Drag with the middle mouse button. Press the arrow keys. Hold down Shift to rotate in 90° increments.
How do you move freely in SolidWorks?
To move or align the triad:
- Drag the center ball to drag the triad freely.
- Alt + drag the center ball or an arm and drop it on an edge or face to align the triad with the edge or face.
- Right-click the center ball and select Align to, Align with Component Origin, or Align with Assembly Origin.
How do you rotate normal in SolidWorks?
If I click on the face that I want to be the “front” view. Then press the spacebar to open the Orientation window. Then click “Normal To”. The flashlight will rotate so the face you clicked is parallel with the screen.
How do you rotate an object in Solidworks 2020?
To rotate a component with the PropertyManager: Click Rotate Component (Assembly toolbar) or Tools > Component > Rotate. The Rotate Component PropertyManager appears, and the pointer changes to . Select one or more components in the graphics area.
How do you move an object around in Solidworks?
To move, copy, rotate, or mate a solid or surface body: Click Move/Copy Bodies (Features toolbar) or Insert > Features > Move/Copy . Specify parameters to move, copy, or rotate bodies. Apply mates between bodies.
How do I move a fixed component in Solidworks?
To fix or float an assembly component:
- Right-click the component in the graphics area or the component’s name in the FeatureManager design tree.
- Select Fix or Float.
- In assemblies with multiple configurations, select This Configuration, All Configurations, or Specified Configurations.
How do you move multiple objects in Solidworks?
In the FeatureManager design tree, drag the component you want to move. You can Ctrl + drag to move multiple components at the same time. As you move over other components, the pointer changes to indicate what will happen if you drop the component there.
How do you dissolve a subassembly in Solidworks?
To dissolve a subassembly from the graphics area, right-click the subassembly and click Select Subassembly. Then right-click in the graphics area and click Dissolve Subassembly.
How do you rotate an object in SolidWorks without a mouse?
Press the arrow keys. Hold down Shift to rotate in 90° increments. Click Rotate View or View, Modify, Rotate; select a vertex, edge, or face; then drag the pointer.
How do I change the rotation point in SolidWorks?
To move pivot points:
- Click Object Manipulation Tools > Pivot .
- In the scene, select a part, group, or other item. …
- Use the transform manipulator to move and rotate the pivot point to the desired location relative to the item with which it is associated.
How do I change the orientation of a part in a SolidWorks assembly?
To fix this, go to Insert, Features, Move/Copy.
In the PropertyManager, make sure you are in Translate/Rotate mode and not Constraints mode. (See button at the bottom of the PropertyManager). Type in the angle of rotation desired in the proper box to rotate the body about the X, Y, or Z axis.
How do you rotate a solid body in SolidWorks?
To move, copy, rotate, or mate a solid or surface body:
- Click Move/Copy Bodies (Features toolbar) or Insert > Features > Move/Copy. …
- Click Translate/Rotate or Constraints at the bottom of the PropertyManager (if necessary) to switch to the page you want.
- Set options in the PropertyManager.