You can change the order of components in a BOM. To reorder a named BOM list: Select one or more components in a named BOM. Drag them to another location in the list.
How do I change a BOM order in SolidWorks?
By changing the order in the assembly, you can control the order in the bill of materials. To change the order of components: Drag and drop the icons in the FeatureManager design tree to rearrange the order. The component is placed below the icon where you drop it (the highlighted icon).
How do I order bill of materials in SolidWorks?
Bill of Materials Sort
- Click in the upper left corner of the table.
- In the Bill of Materials PropertyManager, under Item Numbers, select Follow assembly order .
How do I automatically update a BOM in SolidWorks?
You can insert table-based BOMs directly into an assembly or part. If you add or delete components in the assembly, the bill of materials automatically updates to reflect the changes if you select the Automatic update of BOM option in Tools > Options > Document Properties > Tables > Bill of Materials .
How do I change item number in BOM solidworks?
To assign a new item number to the replaced component and keep it in the same row, in the Bill of Materials PropertyManager, select Keep Missing Item and Assign new item number and do not keep replaced component.
How do I change the part number in Solidworks?
To change the part number or description of the saved settings:
- Under Part Numbers, select the part number saved settings.
- Click Edit.
- In the Part Number dialog box, change Part number, Description, or both.
- Click OK.
How do I edit a bill of materials in Solidworks?
Bill of Materials – Edit Text
- Double-click the BOM, or right-click the BOM and select Edit. While the bill of materials is active, it is displayed with row and column headers. …
- Edit the worksheet as needed, using Excel functions. You can perform these kinds of edits: …
- Click outside the worksheet to return to the drawing.
How do I use BOM in Solidworks?
To create a BOM directly from a part or assembly:
- With the part or assembly open, select Insert > Tables > Bill of Materials.
- Set the BOM properties in the Bill of Materials PropertyManager and click . To create a parts-only BOM, select Parts only for BOM Type. …
- Click the graphics area to place the BOM.
How do I align two parts in Solidworks?
Align Components PropertyManager
- Add the component by dragging it in the graphics area.
- Right-click the component and click Align Components.
How do I change assembly in Solidworks?
Editing a Part in an Assembly
- Right-click the part and select Edit Part, or click Edit Component on the Assembly toolbar. …
- Make the necessary changes to the part.
How do you update a table in SolidWorks?
Editing a Design Table
- In the ConfigurationManager, right-click Design Table and select Edit Table or Edit Table in New Window. …
- Edit the table as needed. …
- Click outside of the table to close it. …
- If you receive a confirmation message that the design table generated new configurations, click OK.
How do you add Bill of Materials in Creo?
- To create a Bill of Materials, open or activate an assembly model, then click the. (Bill of Materials) icon. This tool is in the Investigate group on both the Model tab and the Tools tab. …
- Once you click. in the Bill of Materials (BOM) dialog box, Creo Parametric automatically saves the file with a .