How do you make a temporary axis?
Creating a Temporary Axis
- Click the I tem Position button.
- Click at the location where you want to place the temporary axis. This creates an axis at that location.
- Click the Change current axis button and click on the temporary axis you just created. The temporary axis can now be used as the reference axis.
How do I show axis in Solidworks?
To turn the display of axes on or off: Click View > Hide/Show > Axes. Search ‘Turning the Display of Axes On or Off’ in the SOLIDWORKS Knowledge Base.
What are the three planes available in Solidworks?
Basics of SOLIDWORKS Reference Geometry: Planes
- Offset Distance.
- Coincident with 3 vertices.
- Coincident with a line and a vertex.
- Tangent and Parallel.
- Tangent and Perpendicular.
- Mid Plane.
What are the different types of reference features available in Solidworks?
Description: Planes, axes, coordinate systems, and 3d curves are all types of reference geometry. These references serve as aides to the design of parts. Note: Reference geometry can be helpful in using features such as lofts, sweeps, patterns, drafts, and chamfers.
How do you hide axis in Solidworks?
Hiding or Showing an Individual Axis
- Right-click the axis in the graphics area or in the FeatureManager design tree.
- Select Hide or Show.
How do you hide a coordinate system in Solidworks?
Right-click the coordinate system and click Hide or Show.
Hiding and Showing Coordinate Systems
- Hide/Show Items (Heads-up View toolbar), and then View Coordinate Systems.
- View Coordinate Systems (View toolbar)
- View > Hide/Show > Coordinate Systems.
How do you hide a triad in Solidworks?
To display or hide the reference triad, click Tools > Options > System Options > Display. Select or clear Display reference triad, then click OK.
How do I move XYZ in SolidWorks?
Free Drag – Select a component and drag in any direction. Along Assembly XYZ – Select a component and drag in the X, Y, or Z direction of the assembly. The coordinate system appears in the graphics area to help orient you. To select the axis you want to drag along, click near that axis before dragging.