Go to the Prospector tab in Toolspace and right click on Surfaces, select Create Surface. Alternatively, you can type CREATESURFACE at the command line. Either method will bring the Create Surface Dialogue Box up as shown below. 3.
How do you make a surface in Civil 3D?
To begin creating the existing aerial surface in Civil 3D, change to the Prospector tab. Right-click on the Surfaces collection, and click Create Surface from the menu.
How do you create a surface from 3D polylines in Civil 3D?
On the Prospector tab of the Toolspace, right-click on Surfaces and select >> Create Surface.
- Confirm that TIN surface is selected as Type.
- Select the desired Surface layer and Style.
- Click > to close the Create Surface dialog box.
- On the Prospector tab of the Toolspace, expand the Surfaces node.
How do I change the surface style in Civil 3D?
You can create and manage surface styles on the Settings tab in Toolspace.
- In Toolspace, on the Settings tab, right-click the Surface Styles collection and click New.
- In the Surface Style dialog box, click the Information tab and enter a name and description for the surface style.
What is a Civil 3D surface?
A surface definition is a collection of a surface build, data, and edit properties, as well as a list of the operations that you have performed on the surface. … The Definition collection under a surface in the Prospector tree provides access to the surface possible data and edit definition items.
How do you draw a boundary in Civil 3D?
To Add Boundaries to a Surface
- In Toolspace, on the Prospector tab, expand the surface Definition collection, right-click , and click Add.
- In the Add Boundaries dialog box, enter the boundary name in the Name field.
- Select the boundary type from the Type list.