Edges of faces highlight as solid lines. In drawings, edges dynamically highlight as thin phantom lines, and edges of faces dynamically highlight as thin dashed lines. To control dynamic highlighting, click Tools > Options > System Options > Display and select or clear Dynamic highlight from graphics view.
How do you color a part in Solidworks?
Changing the Shading of Parts
- Click Options (Standard toolbar) or Tools > Options.
- On the Document Properties tab, click Model Display.
- Under Model / feature colors, select Shading.
- Click Edit and select a color from the Color palette or click Define Custom Colors and define a color of a new shade or hue.
How do I select a part in Solidworks?
The Select Flyout Button
Click the down arrow on Select (Standard toolbar) and select: Select All. Selects all shown components and highlights them in the FeatureManager design tree.
How do I color text in SolidWorks?
The screen text color adjusts automatically for visibility on the new background. You can select a color for the text in the FeatureManager design tree or the Flyout FeatureManager design tree by selecting and editing FeatureManager Design Tree Text or Flyout FeatureManager Design Tree Text under Color scheme settings.
How do you select a window in Solidworks?
Use the Shift and Ctrl keys the same way as in Microsoft Explorer. Shift selects everything within the box whether currently selected or not.
How do I change the selection in Solidworks?
- Click Options or Tools > Options.
- Click Selection.
- Select from the options described below, then click OK.
How do I change the selection tool in Solidworks?
Click Toggle Selection Filter Toolbar (Standard toolbar), or press F5. Turns selected filters on or off. You can also press F6.
How do I turn off dynamic highlights in SolidWorks?
How do you stop SolidWorks from retracing all the lines of your…
- Tools > Options > Display/Selection.
- Go down to “Dynamic highlight from graphics view2.
How do you change the color of a part in eDrawings?
You cannot change the color and texture of components. The component-level display state functionality is not yet supported in eDrawings. You can change the display mode by linking display states to configurations or keeping display states independent from particular configurations.
How do I get more appearances in SolidWorks?
To include additional files in your Appearances folder list
- Within SolidWorks, go to Tools, Options, System Options.
- Pick File Locations from the list on the left and select Textures from the Show folders for menu.