Replace Model for Drawing Views
- Click Replace Model. (Drawing toolbar) or Tools > Replace Model.
- In the PropertyManager, under Selected Views, select a drawing view.
- Under New Model, browse to select a part or an assembly file, and click Open.
- Double-part icon. …
- Click .
How do I change a part reference in SolidWorks assembly?
To edit the locations and names of referenced files:
- Click Open or File > Open.
- In the Open dialog box, click References. The Edit Referenced File Locations dialog box appears.
- Edit the path or file name by using one of the following methods: Click a cell to change the name or path. Then, click a different cell.
How do I move a SOLIDWORKS file without breaking references?
Right click on a part of a SolidWorks part file and open the SolidWork context menu. Select rename or move from the SolidWorks context menu. Move the file or rename the file in the prompt which appears after selecting the option you want.
How do I recover a drawing in SOLIDWORKS?
When you start SOLIDWORKS after the system has terminated unexpectedly, any available auto-recovered documents are listed under Document Recovery on the SOLIDWORKS Recovery tab of the Task Pane. You can save an auto-recovered document either by replacing the original file or by creating a new file.
How do I reference a section in Solidworks?
In the FeatureManager design tree, right-click the feature, component, body, or part and click List External Refs. Displays the path and name of the part or assembly in which the component or feature was created. Select the configuration of the referenced component to use for a derived part.
How do I find external references in Solidworks?
To open the External References dialog box: In the FeatureManager design tree, right-click the top-level assembly or a subassembly, and click External References. Lists all components and features with external references hierarchically based on the assembly structure.
How do you split references in Solidworks drawing?
Locking and Breaking External References
- In the FeatureManager design tree: For an individual item, right-click the feature, component, body, or part. …
- Click External References. …
- To modify external references, select the external references and click Break Selected, Lock Selected, or Unlock Selected. …
- Click OK.
How do I change references in Solidworks?
You can only replace one file at a time.
- Select a file with a broken reference.
- Click Tools > Update References . …
- Select a reference to replace and click Edit > Replace File.
- In the Replace File dialog box, browse to the file that will replace the broken reference.
- Click Open.
How do I change the drawing view in Solidworks?
Changing the Orientation of the Standard Model Views
- Do one of the following: Use the Rotate, Zoom, and Pan tools to orient the model. Click View Selector and select a view. …
- Click Update Standard Views .
- When prompted, select the standard view you want to assign the current view to.
- Click Yes to confirm the update.
How do I find a missing component in SolidWorks?
You can check the referenced file locations to determine which suppressed components are missing. With the model open, click File > Find References. In the dialog box, under In Folder, File not found appears for the missing components.
How do you fix a dangling dimension in SolidWorks?
To do this, follow the steps below:
- Open the master drawing in SOLIDWORKS. …
- From the SOLIDWORKS Menu select Tools>Options.
- Select the Document Properties tab.
- Select Detailing from the categories on the left.
- Locate the Hide dangling dimensions and annotations option and check the box next to it.
Where are SolidWorks files located?
The File Location Check verifies the location of the document templates against the settings in Tools > Options > System Options > File Locations . Click File Location under Document Checks to add this check to the Build Checks. Select the file types to verify their correct path.