You can extract the surface triangles by selecting the surface, then clicking the extract objects command on the ribbon menu. This will bring up a dialog box where you can select which surface objects you would like to extract (triangles) so make sure the triangles are visible within your surface style.
How do you create a triangle from surface area in Civil 3D?
- Run the LINEWORKSHRINKWRAP command and select all 3D Faces from which the surface needs to be created. …
- From Home ribbon, Create Ground Data click on Surfaces > Create Surface.
- In Create Surface dialog name the surface, select Style, rendering material and click OK.
How do you extract points from a surface in Civil 3D?
Select a surface. On the Surface tab, Surface Tools panel, click Extract Objects Find. If more than one surface is available in the drawing, in the Select a Surface dialog box, select the surface from which to extract components.
How do I extract lines from surface?
Extract lines, plines, splines, or arcs from surfaces and the faces of solids in either the U or V directions.
- Click Surface tab Curves panel Extract Isolines. …
- Select a surface, solid, or face.
- Click to extract an isoline curve represented by the preview line.
How do you remove an edit from a surface?
In Toolspace, on the Prospector tab, expand the surface Definition collection, and right-click the Edits item. Click Delete Line. On the command line, you are prompted to select an edge (line) to remove.
How do I import a surface into Civil 3d?
- In the Toolspace / Prospector, select the surface.
- Right click on the surface and select export Landxml (alternatively use the LANDXMLOUT command)
- In a new drawing, import Landxml (alternatively use the LANDXMLIN command)
How do I extract Isocurves in rhino?
We start extracting Isocurves in the u-direction in RHINO. 1. Click on: “Curve >> Curve from Objects >> Extract Isocurve” 2. At the “Select surface for isocurve extraction:” prompt, choose your surface.
How do you do contours in Civil 3D?
To Add Contour Data to a Surface
- In Toolspace, on the Prospector tab, expand the surface Definition collection, right-click Contours, and click Add.
- In the Add Contour Data dialog box, enter the contour description in the Description field.