How do you break edges in Solidworks?
Creating a Break Corner
- Create a sheet metal part.
- Click Break-Corner/Corner-Trim. (Sheet Metal toolbar) or click Insert > Sheet Metal > Break Corner.
- In the Break Corner PropertyManager, under Break Corner Options: Select Corner Edges and/or Flange Faces . Select a Break type: Chamfer or Fillet . …
- Click .
How do you trim an object in Solidworks?
To trim with the Power trim option:
- Right-click the sketch and select Edit Sketch.
- Click Trim Entities. …
- In the PropertyManager, under Options, select Power trim .
- Click in the graphics area next to the first entity, and drag across the sketch entity to trim.
What does the trim tool do in Solidworks?
The power trim tool is a favorite among SOLIDWORKS users. It’s a handy tool to cut away, trim or sketch geometry quickly. We affectionately call it the SOLIDWORKS weed wacker, because it works in mostly the same fashion.
How do you insert a line break in Solidworks?
To create a projection split line:
- Click Split Line. (Curves toolbar) or Insert > Curve > Split Line.
- In the PropertyManager, under Type of Split, select Projection.
- Under Selections, click: A sketch for Sketch to Project . You can select multiple contours from the same sketch to split. …
- Click . Before. After.
How do you trim an intersecting body in Solidworks?
Intersecting Bodies to Modify Part Geometry
- With the part open, click Insert > Features > Intersect .
- For Solids, Surfaces, or Planes, select the bodies to intersect or merge.
- Select Cap planar openings on surfaces to cap flat openings in surfaces.
- Click Intersect. …
- Select regions to exclude. …
- Select options as required:
How many types of trim are in SolidWorks?
You can use any of the following trim options: Power trim. Corner. Trim away inside.
Which tool is used to trim the surface using a trim tool?
To correct this problem, extend the profile trim curve so that it ends outside the bounding box. To trim an object: 1. in the Modeling toolbar or through the Tools > Surfaces > Trim > Trim menu command.
How do you cut Extrude in SolidWorks?
Creating Extruded or Revolved Cuts as Assembly Features
- Open a sketch on a face or plane, and sketch a profile of the cut. …
- Click Extruded Cut or Revolved Cut (Features toolbar), or click Insert > Assembly Feature > Cut , then Extrude or Revolve.
What is top down assembly in Solidworks?
In top-down assembly design, one or more features of a part are defined by something in an assembly, such as a layout sketch or the geometry of another part. The design intent comes from the top, which is the assembly, and moves down to the parts.