How do I edit a slab in Revit?
Edit a Floor Sketch
- In a plan view, double-click the floor, or select the floor and click Modify | Floors tab Mode panel Edit Boundary. Watch the tooltip and the status bar to be sure you select the floor, not another element. …
- Use sketching tools to change the boundaries of the floor.
- Click Finish Edit Mode.
How do I use the Cut tool in Revit?
Load the family into the project and place it. Click Modify tab Geometry panel Cut drop-down (Cut Geometry). Select the object to be cut. Select the instance with which to cut.
How do you round floor edges in Revit?
On the Properties palette, click the Curved Edge Condition button located under Structural Floor Shape Edit. This opens the Curved Edge Condition Dialog. Select either Conform to curve for a scalloped surface, or Project to side for a flat surface. Click OK to apply the condition.
How do I make baseboards in Revit?
Use the Sweep tool to add a baseboard, crown molding, or other type of decorative horizontal or vertical projection to a wall. Open a 3D or elevation view containing the wall to which you want to add the sweep. Click Architecture tab Build panel Wall drop-down (Wall: Sweep).
How do I use slab edge in Revit?
Add a Floor Slab Edge
- Click Architecture tab Build panel Floor drop-down (Floor: Slab Edge).
- Highlight horizontal edges of floors, and click to place a slab edge. …
- To finish the current slab edge, click Modify | Place Slab Edge tab Placement panel Restart Slab Edge.
Can I cut a hole in my floor?
Cutting holes in hardwood flooring is quite common. … If you want to add an extra vent, cutting through any wooden floor can be done with a reciprocating saw. This type of saw — similar to an over-grown jigsaw — is easy to operate and powerful enough to cut through the flooring and underlay in one pass.
How do you cut a hole in a subfloor?
Drill a 3/4-inch hole in the outline. Install an all-purpose keyhole-style blade on a reciprocating saw, insert the blade through the hole and cut around the outline. You can also make the cut with a jigsaw and an all-purpose wood-cutting blade.
How do I cut a hole in the floor of my stairs?
Measure the length of the stairway opening, and cut two pieces of lumber that match the width of the existing joists and the length of the opening. For example, if the floor joists that you cut are 2-by-8s and the hole is 72 inches long, you need two 2-by-8s cut to 72 inches.