Adding planes to SOLIDWORKS is achieved using the Plane Wizard. The Plane Wizard can be accessed via Features > Reference Geometry > Plane on the command manager, or via Insert > Reference Geometry > Plane from the drop down menu. Up to three references can be selected in order to define a new plane.
How do you make a reference plane in Solidworks?
- Click Plane (Reference Geometry toolbar) or Insert > Reference Geometry > Plane .
- In the PropertyManager, select an entity for First Reference . …
- Select a Second Reference and Third Reference as necessary to define the plane. …
- Click .
How do you make a reference plane?
Use the Line tool or the Pick Line tool to draw a reference plane.
- On the ribbon, click (Reference Plane). Architecture tab Work Plane panel (Reference Plane) Structure tab Work Plane panel (Reference Plane) …
- To draw a line: On the Draw panel, click (Line). …
- To pick an existing line: On the Draw panel, click (Pick Lines).
What is use of reference plane and write its types in Solidworks?
Reference planes were added to facilitate an extruded cut on a non-planar face, and a temporary axis was used to align the rectangular sketch properly. Finally, a new coordinate system was created to determine the coordinates of the center of mass from a relative location.
How many entities can you choose to mate with an angle mate?
Click Mate (Assembly toolbar) or Insert > Mate. In the Mate PropertyManager, for Entities to Mate , select two entities in the graphics area or the flyout FeatureManager design tree. Under Standard Mates, click Angle and set the dimension.
What is the use of reference plane?
In celestial mechanics, the plane of reference (or reference plane) is the plane used to define orbital elements (positions). The two main orbital elements that are measured with respect to the plane of reference are the inclination and the longitude of the ascending node.
What is reference line?
Reference Lines allow you to place lines on the plot at specific locations to mark important values. You could use these to mark control limits or to indicate a trend line for a set of data.
How do I change the reference plane in Solidworks?
To change the plane of a sketch:
- Select the sketch in the FeatureManager design tree, and click Edit, Sketch Plane. – or – …
- Select a new plane in the FeatureManager design tree or select a new planar face in the model for Sketch Plane/Face .
- Click OK .