Currently, you cannot import a PDF directly into Sketchup on the Windows version so the usual way to import something at least is to convert the PDF file into a raster image. In this SketchUp tutorial, we’ll introduce a free tool that you can use to convert PDF’s to DXF files, which you can import into Sketchup Pro.
How do you replace a face in SolidWorks?
Replace Face Example – Single Set of Faces
Click Replace Face on the Surfaces toolbar, or click Insert, Face, Replace. In the PropertyManager, under Replace Parameters: Select the faces to replace for Target faces . The faces must be connected but they do not have to be tangent.
How do you replace a feature in SolidWorks?
To replace one or more components:
- Do one of the following: Click Replace Components (Assembly toolbar). Click File > Replace. …
- Specify options as described below, then click . The selected component instances are replaced. If you chose Manually select, choose the configuration to open in the Configurations dialog box.
How do I select a face in SolidWorks?
- In a part or assembly document, right-click the model in the graphics area and choose Select Other . The pointer changes to. and a box appears with a list of entities (faces, edges, subassemblies, etc.) …
- Click in the list or the graphics area to select an entity.
How do you connect faces in SolidWorks?
In the PropertyManager, under Selections:
- Select faces and surfaces for Surfaces and Faces to Knit .
- Select Try to form solid to create a solid model from enclosed surfaces.
- Select Merge entities to merge faces with the same underlying geometry.
How do I change a part reference in Solidworks assembly?
To edit the locations and names of referenced files:
- Click Open or File > Open.
- In the Open dialog box, click References. The Edit Referenced File Locations dialog box appears.
- Edit the path or file name by using one of the following methods: Click a cell to change the name or path. Then, click a different cell.
Where is the Assembly toolbar in Solidworks?
To display SOLIDWORKS toolbars: Right-click in the window border and select or clear a toolbar name. Click Tools > Customize. On the Toolbars tab, select the toolbars to display.
How do you select multiple faces in Solidworks?
To select everything in the graphics area: Click Edit > Select All, or press Ctrl+A. To limit the selection to specific entities in a part, pre-select one or more entities in the graphics area. For example, pre-select an edge and a vertex to limit the selection to all edges and vertices.
What is face solidworks?
You can offset, translate, and rotate faces and features directly on solid or surface models. To open the Move Face PropertyManager: Click Move Face (Mold Tools or Features toolbar) or Insert > Face > Move .
How do you select a transparent part in Solidworks?
> Display/Selection and click Enable select through transparency. As you move the pointer over opaque geometry that is behind transparent geometry, the opaque faces, edges, and vertices highlight. Click to select the highlighted geometry in the graphics area.