SketchUp is capable of importing two file types from Rhino: AutoCAD (. dwg /. dxf) and 3DS Max files (. … Follow these steps to minimize file size and optimize the model for import into SketchUp.
How do you add a detail line in Revit?
Specify a start point and end point for a line, or specify the line length. Select a tool that allows for a line. For example, click Annotate tab Detail panel (Detail Line). Click Modify | Place Lines tab (or respective Modify | Place <Element> tab or Modify | Create <Element> tab) Draw panel (Line).
Can you join detail lines in Revit?
Select a polyline, spline, line, or arc to edit. If you selected a spline, line, or arc, press Enter to convert the selected object into a polyline. Enter j (Join).
How do you edit a detail line in Revit?
Modify Line Styles in the Family Editor
- Click Manage tab Settings panel Object Styles.
- In the Object Styles dialog, click the Model Objects, Annotation Objects, or Imported objects tab.
- Click in the Line Weight, Line Color, or Line Pattern cell for the category you want to modify and make changes as necessary.
How do you do detailing in Revit?
The basic process to create detail views is outlined as follows:
- Create views of the model to detail.
- Add detail elements to the view to illustrate items typically too small or too numerous to model.
- Annotate the detail view with dimension, notes, and/or keynotes as required.
What is a detail line?
Detail lines are drawn in the view’s sketch plane. They can be used to detail a view with part of the model visible, such as in a wall section or callout. Or detail lines can be used in a drafting view to draft lines with no reference to the model.
Where is the line tool in Revit?
Click Modify tab View panel (Linework). Click Modify | Linework tab Line Style panel, and select the line style to apply to the edge from the Line Style drop-down. For information about defining and modifying line styles, see Line Styles. In the drawing area, highlight the edge whose line style you want to change.
How do you convert lines into polylines?
How to convert LINE to Polyline
- Type PEDIT and Press ENTER.
- Type M and Press Enter.
- Select objects and Press Enter.
- Press Enter.
- Type J and Press Enter.
- Press Enter.
- Press Esc (Escape)
Is there a polyline in Revit?
A polyline is a collection of line segments defined by a set of coordinate points. These are typically encountered in imported geometry. The PolyLine class offers the ability to read the coordinates: PolyLine.
What is fuzz distance?
FUZZ DISTANCE is a distance. you can input to say join any lines. whose endpoints are this (FUZZ) far. apart.
Can you change the color of detail lines in Revit?
You can modify line weight, line color, and line pattern in the Family Editor. … Click the value for Line Color to choose a line color. Click the value for Line Pattern to choose a line pattern. Click OK.
How do I change the color of my detail line?
Work with lines in Project
- Right-click the line you want to change and click Properties.
- Under Line, choose a color from the Color list and a line thickness from the Line list.
How do you make a detail line thicker in Revit?
Follow steps below:
- Click Manage tab Settings panel Additional Settings drop-down (Line Weights).
- In the Line Weights dialog, click the Model Line Weights, Perspective Line Weights, or Annotation Line Weights tab.
- Click a cell in the table and enter a value.
- Click OK.
How do you create new text styles in Revit?
Specify Text Note Styles
- Click Annotate tab Text panel .
- In the Type Properties dialog, select the text properties you want to work with from the Type list.
- If desired, click Rename to rename the type, or click Duplicate to create a new text type.
- Specify the properties for the display of text notes.
- Click OK.
How do you label a callout in Revit?
Change the Tag of a Callout
- In the parent view, select the callout bubble.
- On the Properties palette, click (Edit Type).
- In the Type Properties dialog, for Callout Tag, select the callout tag to use. If the desired callout tag is not listed, you can create a new callout tag. …
- Click OK to save your changes.
How do you create a dummy callout in Revit?
In your Revit project where you need to add a detail (Callout), click View – Callout, check the Reference other view, click the drop down arrow in <New Drafting View> and choose the drafting view you need, draw the callout.