What is a running dimension?
A running dimension is a dimension that is taken from one end of a structure and provides multiple points in an increasing fashion. It is for baggages in an aircraft.
How do you add a tolerance to a dimension in Solidworks?
Inserting Dimensions with Tolerances
- In a drawing, click Insert > Model Items.
- In the Model Items PropertyManager, under Dimensions, clear Marked for drawing , and click Toleranced dimensions .
- Set the options.
- Click .
How do I make a dimension driven in Solidworks?
Inserting Driven Dimensions
- Click a sketch tool.
- In the graphics area, right-click and click Sketch Numeric Input .
- In the graphics area, right-click and click Sketch Dimension Driven .
- In the graphics area, right-click and click Add Dimension .
- Sketch an entity.
What is parallel dimensioning?
Parallel dimensioning is a type of linear dimensioning that measures and labels the absolute distance between two points, regardless of the relative position of the axes.
How do you add a tolerance to a dimension?
To Add Tolerance to Dimensions (AutoCAD Mechanical)
- In the drawing area, select the dimension you want to edit. …
- Click Power Dimensioning tab Fit/Tolerance panel Tolerance. …
- Click Power Dimensioning tab Fit/Tolerance panel Method drop-down.
- Select the desired tolerance method.
How do you dimension driven?
To change a driving dimension to a driven dimension, select a driving dimension and then click the Driving button on the Dimension command bar.
- —When this option is set, it is driven.
- —When this option is set, it is driving.
How do you make a dimension not driven in Solidworks?
Look for other dimensions or relations that you can delete or change. Select Don’t ask again to suppress this dialog box. The option you last used will apply by default. Use the right-click menu Driven option to toggle between dimension driven and dimension driving.
How do I change dimension values in SOLIDWORKS?
To change a dimension: Double-click a dimension. The Modify dialog box appears. Change the dimension value with the arrows, thumbwheel , mouse wheel, or by typing in the dimension box.