How do you unlock view in SolidWorks?
To unlock a view, sheet, or view position, right-click and select Unlock View Focus (or double-click outside of the view) Unlock Sheet Focus (or double-click the sheet), or Unlock View Position.
Where is view on SolidWorks?
(View toolbar) or View > Display > Section View. Define a section view by selecting one, two, or three planes or planar faces. Define a section view by selecting one or more zones.
How do you specify grain direction?
If the grain direction is strong enough, you can identify the direction by “feel.” Take the sheet of paper in your hands and gently curl/bow the paper towards the middle, first in one direction and then in the other direction. The direction that bends more easily, with less resistance, is the grain direction.
How do you explode a subassembly in SOLIDWORKS?
To use an exploded view from a subassembly:
- In an assembly, select a subassembly that has an exploded view.
- In the PropertyManager, click Reuse Subassembly Explode. The subassembly explodes in the graphics area, and the steps of the exploded view from the subassembly appear under Explode Steps.
What is feature manager in SOLIDWORKS?
The FeatureManager design tree on the left side of the SOLIDWORKS window provides an outline view of the active part, assembly, or drawing. This makes it easy to see how the model or assembly was constructed or to examine the various sheets and views in a drawing.
How do you freely move a section view in Solidworks?
To move a drawing view, use one of the following methods:
- Click and drag an entity (including edges, vertices, cosmetic threads, and so on). …
- Select a drawing view, then move (nudge) it with the arrow keys. …
- Press Alt, place the pointer anywhere in the view, and drag the view.
How do I lock a dimension in Solidworks drawing?
To lock a dimension:
- In an open sketch, click Smart Dimension. …
- Click the items to dimension.
- Move the pointer. …
- Right-click to lock. …
- Move the pointer around until the dimension is correctly located.
- Click to place the dimension.
- Set the value in the Modify box and click .
How do you change the view in SOLIDWORKS 2020?
Changing the Orientation of the Standard Model Views
- Do one of the following: Use the Rotate, Zoom, and Pan tools to orient the model. Click View Selector and select a view. …
- Click Update Standard Views .
- When prompted, select the standard view you want to assign the current view to.
- Click Yes to confirm the update.
Where are SOLIDWORKS tools?
To display SOLIDWORKS toolbars: Right-click in the window border, click Toolbars, and select or clear a toolbar name. Click Tools > Customize.
Where is the Features toolbar in SOLIDWORKS?
- Right-click in the window border and select or clear a toolbar name.
- Click Tools > Customize. On the Toolbars tab, select the toolbars to display.