How do I open bill of materials in Solidworks?
With the part or assembly open, select Insert > Tables > Bill of Materials. Set the BOM properties in the Bill of Materials PropertyManager and click .
How do you lock a BOM in Solidworks?
Right-click a row or column and click Formatting > Lock Column Width or Lock Row Height. Locked rows and columns display a lock icon when you select the table.
How do I change the bill of materials in Solidworks?
Bill of Materials – Edit Text
- Double-click the BOM, or right-click the BOM and select Edit. While the bill of materials is active, it is displayed with row and column headers. …
- Edit the worksheet as needed, using Excel functions. You can perform these kinds of edits: …
- Click outside the worksheet to return to the drawing.
What is BOM option in Solidworks?
Setting Options for a Bill of Materials – 2016 – SOLIDWORKS Help. > Detailing and Drawings > Bill of Materials (BOM) > Bill of Materials Overview > Setting Options for a Bill of Materials. Other versions: 2010. 2011.
How do you add material to a bill of materials?
Applies to Excel-based Bills of Materials. You can add more information such as Material, Vendor_Number, Cost, and so on to the open part or subassembly document by clicking File > Properties and selecting the Custom tab or the Configurations specific tab.
What is meant by bom?
A bill of materials (BOM) is a centralized source of information used to manufacture a product. It is a list of the items needed to create a product as well as the instructions on how to assemble that product.
What is Bill of Materials solidworks?
You can create one or more Bills of Materials (BOMs) directly from an assembly or part without first creating a drawing. Use parts only BOMs when the assembly consists of only part components, or to display only parts. The resulting parts are ordered according to their listing in the FeatureManager design tree.
How do you refresh a BOM in Solidworks?
You can update a named BOM to a selected version of the source file or item.
- In the View section of the Bill of Materials tab, expand BOM , and select a named BOM. …
- Click Refresh ( or ).
- In the Update Source Version dialog box, expand the File Version list and select the version to use. …
- Click OK.
How do I export BOM from Solidworks?
To export a BOM:
- Right-click a BOM and click Save As.
- In the dialog box: In Save as type, select a file type. Browse to a folder, enter a file name, and click Save.