How do you show dimension box in SketchUp?
How to restore the Measurement Box
- It is normally in the lower right corner of the screen. If it is not there, make sure you have SketchUp set to full screen.
- Go to View >Toolbars and uptick Measurements. Does it show?
- Go to Window >Preferences >Workspace and click on Reset Workspace.
How do I get my toolbar back in SketchUp?
If the toolbar is hidden and you want to see it again, select View > Show Toolbar. Select what tools appear on the toolbar.
Why can’t I enter Measurements in SketchUp?
Are you clicking in the measurements box before you start typing? If so, don’t. Start drawing, let go of the mouse and start typing. If you are drawing a rectangle, look at the measurements box and use the same separator as shown between the length and width of the rectangle.
How do I show toolbar?
To do so:
- Click View (on Windows, press the Alt key first)
- Select Toolbars.
- Click a toolbar that you want to enable (e.g., Bookmarks Toolbar)
- Repeat for remaining toolbars if needed.
How do I get my toolbar back on top of screen?
You can use one of these to set which toolbars to show.
- “3-bar” menu button > Customize > Show/Hide Toolbars.
- View > Toolbars. You can tap the Alt key or press F10 to show the Menu Bar.
- Right-click empty toolbar area.
Why can’t I change the measurements in SketchUp?
SketchUp doesn’t work that way. If you want to change the dimensions after you’ve created the rectangle, select an edge and use the Move tool to move the desired distance or use the Scale tool to resize it.
How do you enter dimensions?
The first dimension to measure is length. Length is always the longest side of the box that has a flap. The next dimension is width. The width side also has a flap, but is always the side shorter than the length.
What is the shortcut key for dimension in SketchUp?
The dimension tool allows you to place on screen dimensions between any two points. By default SketchUp does not have a keyboard shortcut for the dimension tool. I recommend setting a keyboard shortcut for this to D.
Do assembly drawings have dimensions?
Generally, the only dimensions shown on assembly and subassembly drawings are those needed to assemble the parts, standard components, and subassemblies. Thus, dimensions needed solely to fabricate a part should not be shown on assembly or subassembly drawings.