Why can’t I select something in AutoCAD?
There might be several causes for this: The desired objects are within a viewport on a layout and the viewport is not active. The layer of the objects are locked. The edit mode of an xref is active.
How do I cut a specific part of AutoCAD?
To Trim an Object
- Click Home tab Modify panel Trim. Find.
- Select the objects to serve as cutting edges. Press Enter when you finish selecting the cutting edges. …
- Select the objects to trim and press Enter a second time when you finish selecting the objects to trim.
How do you select part of a line in AutoCAD?
- At the Select Objects prompt, hold down the Shift+Spacebar and click as near as possible to the object you want.
- Keep clicking until the object you want is highlighted.
- Once the object you require is highlighted, press Enter to select the object.
Can’t select multiple lines AutoCAD?
Either hold down the shift key to select the other line or go to options, use the Selection Tab, On the left side, remove the check mark from “Use Shift to add to selection” option. If this post solves your problem, clicking the ‘accept as solution’ button would be greatly appreciated.
Why can’t I select multiple items in AutoCAD?
Issue: When trying to add additional objects to a selection in AutoCAD, the previously selected objects are deselected. Only one selection set is kept at a time. Multiple objects can still be selected with selection or crossing windows, and by holding the Shift key while clicking items.
How do you select multiple blocks in AutoCAD?
Select all instances of a block
- Open the Properties palette.
- Click the Quick Select button to open the Quick Select dialog box.
- For the Object Type, choose Block Reference. …
- For the Property, choose Name.
- For the Operator, choose = Equals (the default).
- For the Value, choose the block’s name from the drop-down list.
How do I cut a drawing in AutoCAD?
To Clip an Image
- At the Command prompt, enter IMAGECLIP.
- Select the image to clip by selecting the image boundary.
- At the Command prompt, Enter n (New Boundary).
- If prompted, enter n (No) or y (Yes) to delete the old boundary.
- Enter p (Polygonal) or r (Rectangular), and then draw the boundary on the image.
What are the shortcut keys in AutoCAD?
|Ctrl+Shift+V||Paste data as block|
|Ctrl+Z||Undo last action|
|Ctrl+Y||Redo last action|
|Ctrl+[||Cancel current command (or ctrl+)|
How do you quickly delete in AutoCAD?
To Erase an Object
- Click Home tab Modify panel Erase. Find.
- At the Select Objects prompt, use a selection method to select the objects to be erased or enter an option: Enter L (Last) to erase the last object drawn. Enter p (Previous) to erase the last selection set. …
- Press Enter to end the command.
How do you select two lines in AutoCAD?
The only way to select more than one line for a command is to hold down the shift button and then select more lines.